Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

SACC Members....

Tom73

Corvette
73 LS4 Coupe - 04 CE Conv
Any pics of the convention? Have checked the web site and nothing posted there. How was the show?

tom...

Tom, I'll have some pics up soon.

Here's most of the SACC group at the plant on June 30th. The first THREE rows are all 1953 Corvettes!

Flint03SACC2.jpg

The 53s were allowed to drive (in and) out of the original assembly building sorta like 50 years ago - only not as fast!

Flint03lotsa53soutback.jpg

We managed to get an interesting car for the banquet Monday night:

flint03lesabre2.jpg

My understanding is that this Harley Earl creation doesn't get out often. One kewl ride!

One of my neighbors is retired GM. In the early 50's he was a student at General Motors Institute in Flint. One day in early 53 the students were told to report to the gymnasium, and when they got there, there was a 53 Corvette. He doesn't remember if it was a preproduction or one of the first off the assembly line, but I suspect that the car may have been a preproduction since he told me that before that day he had no knowledge that Chevrolet was working on a sports car.

Here's a link to my album of SACC-Flint 50th photos - has the end of the parade, show, gathering at the original Corvette assembly building, and the red-shirted original Corvette assemblers at the plant and at the Birthday dinner that night. You'll see our own Sebring Bill and his '57 in several of the photos.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=348869

:beer :Steer :D

JP - the original owner of my 57 reportedly went to GMI - Webster S Benner Jr. - around the 1951-2 era, and went on to work at Styling. (He'd won a scholarship from the 51 Fisher Body Guild contest.) I'd love to find some info about him if there is any.

You can e-mail me at sebringbill@comcast.net

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom