Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sad News about Dan and Prisicilla Samento

Red Vette

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
08 VR Convertible 2014 TR Coupe
Sad news and I do not know what forum to post this on, so I chose Mountain region.

Many of you attended the CF in Colorado Springs and got to know Dan Samento and his wife Prisicilla. Dan lead the cruise to the car show at the Royal Gorge and the cruise afterwards. He also was the DJ and the closing dinner. He was very active in the Rocky Mountain Corvette Social Club (RMCSC) and put on the annual car show at the Royal Gorge, lead cruises, and attended functions. He had 3 Corvettes, C5 convertible, C5 Coupe and C6 Z06, all black. He also had a business where he repaired Corvettes with his son.

Dan retired from the Canon City Police Department last year while Prisicilla continued to work as an emergency dispatcher for the police department.

Last Thursday, June 12, Dan evidently shot Prisicilla while she slept and then committed suicide. No one that I know of suspected this was coming. I talked with Dan for quite some time at the Colorado Springs Corvette Club's Fun In The Sun car show on May 10 where he again was the DJ for the show. He seemed dispondent, disillusioned, and out of sorts. He told me he recently had sold his C5s, sold his truck, and property where he had just completed his garage and was going to build a new house, and was going to sell his Z06. I had asked Rik Noring (Corvette Center) if he knew what was wrong with Dan as I had never seen him this low. Rik did not know. Always cheerful, helpful, and forthcoming, Dan was a good friend to Corvette people and others and will be sorely missed. Patti and I took it very hard when we heard the news, as did all of his friends and RMCSC members.

I do not know if we will ever know why this happened, but I will always have fond memories of Dan and Prisicilla and the times we shared at events and at his home in Canon City.

RIP Dan and Prisicilla.

Barrett

Last edited:
Barrett,

Hearing this news saddens me greatly. I met Dan and Prisiclla years ago. The Corvette Community has lost a great ambassador.

The next time you see Ric and Sandie Noring and Ric Jr. please say hi for me and express our loss to the Corvette Community for me. Lots of great people and the loss of Dan and Prisicilla is shocking... :cry

Bud

Barrett,

This is really sad news indeed. I remember meeting them at CruiseFest. Do you know if they were members here at the CAC?

-Rob

Barrett,

This is really sad news indeed. I remember meeting them at CruiseFest. Do you know if they were members here at the CAC?

-Rob

Rob
I do not know if Dan was a member of CAC. I talked to him about it and he said that he tried to register as a member of CAC after the CF, but for some reason, his registration did not work. I believe he gave up on registering eventually. However, I do know that he visited the site on a regular basis as a guest.

Wish I had more info to give you.

Barrett

I certainly enjoyed chasing him around the Rocky Mountains during that Cruise Fest and had kept in touch with him from time to time. Seemed like a great guy and he will be missed on the Corvette Scene for sure.

Last edited:
What terrible news. He seemed like a really decent guy. Life sometimes takes terrible turns. My condolences to those they left behind.

Dan was a friend and always there whenever any of us needed help with our cars. We'll never know what truly happened or why it happened but he and Priscilla will be missed. All of us in the Rocky Mountain Corvette Social Club will miss them greatly.

And, a friend just sent me a link to one of the other Corvette forums. Wow, so glad the people in this forum have class.

Last edited:
I did not know Priscilla, but I did know Dan and he was a terrific guy, always willing to help people. They will both be missed. A very sad loss for the Corvette Community, their family and the Canon City Police family. My prayers and condolences to all.

Janet

I met and was very grateful to Dan for hooking us up with the after-Gorge cruise, although I soon found myself in the second, most slower/wiser group of cruisers. :)

What a horrific event (at many levels) for this tragedy to take place. May he find forgiveness from his surviving loved ones and beyond, from the Landlord...upstairs. :( :(

Last edited:
I met and was very grateful to Dan for hooking us up with the after-Gorge cruise, although I soon found myself in the second, most slower/wiser group of cruisers. :)

What a horrific event (at many levels) for this tragedy to take place. May he find forgiveness from his surviving loved ones and beyond, from the Landlord...upstairs. :( :(

We will never know what was affecting Dan that brought about the tragic event. I do not condemn him as I do not know what was in his heart, however I do condemn the act. I did not attend the memorial service in Canon City, but I do know that the RMCSC members who did were greatly disappointed and were upset by the service. I am glad that I knew Dan and Priscilla, got to visit them at their home, and participate with them in RMCSC events. As for the Landlord upstairs, if Dan did not disavow him, he will be forgiven as only the Landlord knows what truly was the reason for Dan's actions.

Barrett

So, so sad to say the least. . . . .

What a tragedy and so, so sad and total waste of life. We may not understand this at and more than likely never will. Just too sad it couldn't have been handle another way, so sad, such things just boggle the mind!!! Thoughts and prayers go out to the families that they find answers and peace and they find some understanding of it all. . . . . . Again such a waste must have lost all hope and sanity!

-Bill

He was a sicko. Too bad he had to kill his wife. He should have just offed himself.

How well did you know Dan and Priscilla? Both were dear friends. I'd expect this kind of comment from the other Corvette site but not here. We'll never know the reason behind this tragedy and I wish I could have helped him somehow. Mental illness is a sickness. He probably could have been helped but to call him a sicko is just wrong. I truly hope you never have to face something like this in your life and if you do, you reach out to offer some help.
Regards,
Scott

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom