Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

San Diego Rebuild Location

Stingray74CC

Corvette
Black Cherry 1969 Stingray
Hey there everyone...old and new. I'm was once a daily forum follower but the job has taken over my life and I never really have the oppurtunity to look around like I used to.

The real reason I'm writing is to find out if anyone is aware of a restorer/shop that is recommended for rebuilding my 427 for my 69 and maybe a few more little jobs while they're at it. I am currently living in San Diego, CA and will be here for atleast the next several years. A shop close by would be great. This is California....I know that there are great car shops out here.

Hey, I am living in oceanside, there is a corvette shop up near LA. dont know the exact locale or have a number... also there is a custom shop near me that I have heard does incredible work, I can get the info for that place when my brother comes home tonight. Loving this weather the last couple days, you?

Well ... whadayaknow!! Anthony has rejoined us ... from Annapolis to Diego! Anthony, I can't help you with finding a shop in Diego, but it's good to see you back here. Make friends with a more senior Chief Master at Arms at one of the bases ... they often know where everything is & everyone there. My departed Dad was once CMA at ASW.
JACK:gap

Good to see a name from the past...I actually went from Annapolis, to Charleston, to Ballston Spa, to Groten, to San Diego...it's been a busy year or two.

I'm about to go on deployment here for 6 months or so and would like to have the vette ready to go when I return. I would like to call up any reputable shop within an hour or so of here that I could go check out and maybe even have them come look at the car. I'm most likely going to get an engine rebuild, some body and suspension work done.

Yes....making friends with almost any Master Chief will be help you out quite a bit. That is a good point though, I should run by the hobby shop and ask around.

ROB....don't remove me from the site after not logging in for a while. I'll be back after deployment.

Anthony

YES....the weather is GREAT!!! Year round driving...unlike the east coast, which I've had the pleasure of living on for the last 5 years as well as the pleasure of leaving. No offense for those of you over there but I'm much better suited for this kind of weather.

Anthony

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom