Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Guy in San Diego

jesters94

Corvette
1994 Brickyard 400 Parade Car
Hello all.

New here and living in sunny San Diego, CA. I am the proud owner of a 1994 Brickyard 400 Parade car. The car has a little over 36k miles and is all original except for the tires.

There were 25 of these originally sent to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, 13 Torch Red and 12 Black, for use in the opening ceremonies of the inaugural Brickyard 400. Each car was given two NASCAR drivers to carry around the track while they waved at the sell out crowd. This car was assigned IMS #77 and was used to introduce drivers Harry Gant and Lake Speed. The car was then used for a VIP lap and then Mayor Stephen Goldsmith and his wife rode on the back of the car.

One is known totaled and only 11 of the remaining cars have been located.

Now let me tell you how I came about this car.

In late 2011 I had to sell my original '94 Torch Red coupe as I was leaving on a 7 month deployment to the Arabian Gulf with the assurance of getting another when I returned. My wonderful wife decided to do some shopping while I was gone and with the help of my father found this car for sale in Florida. She bought the car 3 months into the deployment and kept it a complete secret for the last 4 months. The day I returned happened to be the same day as my Corvette Clubs monthly meeting. My wife, kids, neighbor and the entire club were waiting to surprise me at the meeting.

Ever seen a big reveal on Overhaulin'? Yea it was kinda like that!!

Tim

_RAN0004.jpg

_RAN0054.jpg

_RAN0075.jpg

_RAN0013.jpg

_RAN0095.jpg

you have 3 winners there in SoCal, Vette, Spouse and Dad.

Awesome piece of Corvette history there! Congrats and welcome to the Corvette Action Center. :upthumbs

Hello Tim,

First, thank you for your service. Second, welcome to CAC. I am fairly new here also but I can tell you the guys (and gals) on this forum are a great group.
I happen to have a friend who owns the same car. (see picture below). This is the only picture I could find so I can't tell what driver is listed on the hood.
He's had it for about 8 years and it only has 4000 miles on it.

Lots of luck with the car.:cool!:

Exotic%25252520Classics%252525202011%25252520055_800x600.jpg

Hello Tim,

First, thank you for your service. Second, welcome to CAC. I am fairly new here also but I can tell you the guys (and gals) on this forum are a great group.
I happen to have a friend who owns the same car. (see picture below). This is the only picture I could find so I can't tell what driver is listed on the hood.
He's had it for about 8 years and it only has 4000 miles on it.

Lots of luck with the car.:cool!:

Exotic%25252520Classics%252525202011%25252520055_800x600.jpg

Awesome! I haven't found but 11 of these. If you can tell me the IMS # (located in the bottom drivers side of the windshield) I could tell you who was on the car! Please feel free to have your friend contact me!

Tim,

I will send my friend an e-mail and try to get the infomation. His name is Tom Commons, and he is a member of the same Corvette Club
here on Long Island. As a matter of fact he and his car were featured in either Vette, or Corvette magazine not to long ago. I will find out
and let you know.

Tom has a bunch of Corvettes, and he really love this one. Small world.

Frank

Tim,

I will send my friend an e-mail and try to get the infomation. His name is Tom Commons, and he is a member of the same Corvette Club
here on Long Island. As a matter of fact he and his car were featured in either Vette, or Corvette magazine not to long ago. I will find out
and let you know.

Tom has a bunch of Corvettes, and he really love this one. Small world.

Frank
I know Tom....he is the one I got most of my information from about these cars!! Talk about a small world indeed!! :cool!:

Welcome to the Forum Tim. Great looking Corvette. :w

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!

Welcome Nice History and nice pics hope to see more as you continue your adVETTEures

Thank You For Your Service to our great country! Beautiful Vette! Welcome to the club, there are a bunch of very friendly & very knowledgeable people here. Enjoy!

Don :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom