Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Saved from the freezing rain.

...To this day I imagine they still can't figure out how a Corvette beat them off the line in 3"-4" of snow while they're in these 4x4's.;LOL

You know, it's always curious to me that owners of big 4WD trucks and SUV's get into their vehicles and assume that because they have on-the-fly shift into 4WD, they are immunized from any weather or road conditions. They forget that 4WD does not mean four wheel stop, and as a result, they are always the ones most likely to need to be pulled from a snow drift off the side of the road.

The only time I've been caught in a snow in my Z06 when I wasn't able to get myself through was in January, 2004. I got caught down in Colorado Springs when it started to snow- hard. No one was expecting this, and I quickly got in my Z06 and made for home. The conditions on the interstate made for more than a few white knuckle moments, but I was handling things fine. I had momentum on my side, and once I made it over Monument Hill, I figured I was home free.

Not so. Just north of Castle Rock, the interstate was closed at Surrey Ridge due to a series of five jack-knifed semis. Nobody could move. We were stopped on the interstate, waiting for a lane to re-open, in four inches of snow. And when I got stopped, that was it. My car wasn't going anywhere, as I couldn't get any traction. I had to call AAA and have my Z06 towed home.

At that moment, I learned to hate snow and ice.

-Patrick

Reminds me of the '98 ice storm.

Those of you who live in Eastern Ontario and the US northeast will remember this one... how can we forget 2 inches of ice covering everything.

I feared a repeat that night when my vette was outside in the rain.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom