Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Saw two C-6s on the road yesterday.

MCMLVII

Corvette
BLACK 57, blu 15 vert
I live near the Milford Proving Grounds. Yesterday on the way home from work I saw two C-6s. One Black, One yellow.

Observations:

They look smaller than the C-5, maybe a better discription would be "more compact".

The colors on both cars was outstanding. It may have been the time of day (around 5:30 pm) that caused lighting tricks. The black was really deep and the yellow was exceptional (like a sun flower yellow).

Has GM changed their paint process?

Overall I liked what I saw.

MCMLVII

I wont see one in person until atleast Nov or Dec. That sux

C5 South West Florida 4/2/04

Myson Saw A C5 This Morning On Us 41 In Estero Fl. It Said Gtr On The Back Right Near Where Itsays Corvette He Said The Side Was Quite Different, Really Liked The Front And The Back Not Much Different. It Had Michigan Tags On It. I Geuss It Was A Factory Test Drive.
Tom

You guys are so lucky to see the C6's driving around! I know that someone is going to have their digital camera handy and we'll see some pics in natural light and in natural settings.

multiple C6 sighting

I saw 3 C6's running down Pleasant Valley road this morning,running a little fast bumper-to-bumper coming throught an s-turn:Steer by Hyne road, Way cool. I live about a mile from the proving grounds and travel down two sides of it everyday on my way to and from the office. I see a lot of different cars all the time running around outside of the "grounds" .
Yesterday I was in line at the Wendy's in Miflord an saw a Grand Prix all covered up with bra's and it didn't sound any thing like a GP. that I've heard before. A lot of times GM sticks experimental engines in anything they will fit in and run them around town to check them out under "normal" driving conditions. A couple of weeks ago I saw a CTS-V caddy running around town all kinds of gauges across the dash to test what ever.:w

I thought that these cars would not be delivered to dealerships until the summer!

Looks like they got them out a little early!

That is cool!

Looking forward to seeing one!

I'm pretty sure the ones running around right now are still GM final phase test cars. The dealer orders don't even go in until later this month. It will be awhile (like later this summer) before any of us will be owners and driving our C6s around. :upthumbs

Buster1 said:
I'm pretty sure the ones running around right now are still GM final phase test cars. The dealer orders don't even go in until later this month. It will be awhile (like later this summer) before any of us will be owners and driving our C6s around. :upthumbs
Thanks Buster1:

How nice would it be to be the first person to get that C6 delivered!

You would be the talk of the neighborhood!

:D

theblackvette said:
How nice would it be to be the first person to get that C6 delivered!

You would be the talk of the neighborhood!

:D
If the average neighbor notices it is not a C5! :)

theblackvette said:
I thought that these cars would not be delivered to dealerships until the summer!

Looks like they got them out a little early!

That is cool!

Looking forward to seeing one!
Dealerships probably won't get cars for a few more months. I got this from the NCM yesterday: "Manufacturing Validation Build for the new C6 is underway at the Corvette Assembly Plant. The build in the cockpit area started last Thursday. Nine non-saleable Corvettes will be coming off the line, which will be reviewed by the launch team for any part changes. More updates on the C6 Corvette will be coming soon – stay tuned."

Hey Rocketblock, I bet the average neighbor thinks you have a "nice Ferrari!"

Does anyone think that the first year C6 will have bugs like the 1968, 1984, 1997, 2001 Z06 did?

Or will GM get it right on target this time?

In late 1995 GM built 30 "beta test cars" (C5s) and went as far as "cold weather" testing in northern Canada and "hot weather" testing in the Australian outback. However, it is the everyday driving that we do that happens over a more gradual basis that tends to uncover gremlins.
Its interesting, as someone else noted, GM has probably been testing C6 engines and interior systems in public for several years. Unfortuanately blind to you and I due to the fact this equipment was more than likely cloaked in Camaro skin.
Check out the NCM which has one of ten to twenty test Cormaros (not misspelled) that utilized the backbone chassis, rear-mounted transmission, and Gen III V-8 that eventually became the C5s running gear. The only outward detail that one could have picked up on was the side fuel filler. An obvious indicator that GM was actively testing their new, behind the seat, fuel system.

theblackvette said:
Does anyone think that the first year C6 will have bugs like the 1968, 1984, 1997, 2001 Z06 did?

Or will GM get it right on target this time?
That whole "first year" thing is a myth.

Buster1 said:
Hey Rocketblock, I bet the average neighbor thinks you have a "nice Ferrari!"
Yeah, they might!!! I hope not though... I'm a Corvette nut through & through!
;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom