Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

scratches

cscarlson

Corvette
2003 50Th Corvette
yesterday i was moving boxes in my garage anda box of canning jars fell , you know it , they fell and the glass put some scatches in my drivers door, i need help, what can i do to fix these scratches?

Your car is white right? If so, get some of that car polish/wax that is tinted in primary car colors. You can get the white kind. Chances are it will never come out 100%, but should help.

We have used it on black and red cars with great success. Over time it has to be reapplied.

Most autoparts stores should carry it. I don't know the brand name.

Good luck

anyone know what this wax is called ? can i possible buff it out?

Buffing

I think it'd depend on how deep the scratches go...
If you go to any local auto parts place, they will all carry a line of colored wax to match your general paint color. Just go in and ask someone to point you in the right direction, they should all work the same.
Silver

I went to autozone and bought a bootle of wax that comes with a wax stick, the wax and stick comes in several colors including white and the colors somehow will shade. i will try this this afternoon and let you know what happens.

Have to keep the car covered.

how'd it go?

a car cover would help prevent some scratches from falling things in the garage...

How did it turn out cscarlson?
Heidi

I went home and to the garage where the vette is. i cleaned the area and used the wax crayon first to fill in the scratches, waited about 5 minutes, cleaned the excess crayon wax off completely then waxed the area with the wax, let the wax dry for about 10 minutes and wiped the wax off, it did pretty good hiding it and shades real well but i can still see it if i look, this is only a temprary fix for me for i will have the door re-painted or it will drive me crazy.

LOL!

You sound just like me! "...re-painted or it will drive me crazy."

I'm glad the wax hid the scratches, and it sounds like it was easy to apply.

The kitties knocked over a numbered print of an idolized artist and broke the glass, scratching the print in the process. I took it into an art shop and they were able to 'color in' the scratches to match the paint. They did such a good job that you must look VERY closely, even if you know where the scratches are. Artwork is now firmly attached to the wall! ;)
Sometimes we can get lucky with an easy fix. Your fix will hide the scratches from everyone who doesn't know they're there, but YOU know they're there...and I'd want to repaint it, too.
Sil

sounds like were both alike. my kids haven't inheireted the same trait on this. i always try to keep things i have in good condition and enjoy showing off my corvette whenever i am out. i passed a 2000 white corvette yesterday on the freeway and we both admired each others corvette and smiled.

use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without

I sometimes think many of today's children are being put at a disadvantage. They are given many toys and have little responsibilities.
I grew up in the country and my chores included all of the livestock on the property from the time I was 12. Feeding, watering, vetting and other care of chickens, ducks, hogs, sheep, cattle, horses, dogs and cats. Sister helped out with the household chores.
I think it helps prepare children for the responsibilities of life when they have regular chores they are expected to do.
I have a friend whose 10yoa child has EVERY toy imagineable!...and she buys him a new toy whenever she and I go out for a day..."just because Momma was gone."...:eyerole I can't help but feel that her child will grow up thinking he deserves to be given everything...how will he ever learn to earn anything?
I am glad I don't have children. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to see things I worked for be disdained and destroyed from lack of care.
How old are your kids?
Sil

btw, always nice to admire another vette and be admired right back! ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom