Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

seat installation

Bill Heygster

Corvette
1985 red coupe, 2004 red coupe
Puchased new seats for my 1985. Went the whole route and bought the covers already installed on new foam. Old ones came out easy. New ones should be a snap to install. The bottoms are but the tops are giving me a fit. ;help The four existing clips in the seat frames are all in good shape.

Anyone have any tricks to installing the back cushions in an early C4. Appreciate any tips

The guy who repaired my seats first located the upper cushion by inserting the cusion into the frame's inside clips first (upper and lower) then he used his weight to press the outer part of the cushion way in and pressed a wood paddle tool (looked like a paint stirring paddle) to further press the cushions clip past the seat frame clips and manuevered it until they coupled. Looked easy if you're big. I never re-fastened the seat cushion clips, I use the space under for storing loose stuff in smallbags taped to the frame. Like extra ammo and cash.

Thanks - I'm about to give up and call the local upholstery shops and have them do it. Better to pay a little more than ruin one of these pieces

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom