Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seats 78/79

Shawn's 78

Corvette
1978 Beige L48 4sp
My 78 has leather/cloth seats that are in fair condition. The comfort level isn't the greatest :(, but I've heard that the seats that come in the Pace Car and stock in 79 are some of the best for that era.
My question is, can you swamp the two without any coversion to the frames or body (mounting area). Also, what is a fair price for either used in good condition or new 79 seats.
Shawn :)

Yes you can! I have '82 seats (which are the same as the pace car and '79) in my '78 and is pretty comfortable, and look better too.

My Vette was stolen from the original owner when it was 3 months old, and recovered in Dallas in 1982 along with several other Vettes in a warehouse. A buddy of mine bought it at a police auction, and had it transported down to Houston where he took it to a dealer. He told them to replace all the missing pieces with new parts. Well the seats were one of the missing pieces, and the dealer interpreted "New Parts" as 1982 parts. The Vette found itself with 1982 seats, and rear ducktail bumper.

When I took it all apart for the frame-off, I did notice they had spacers under the back legs of the seats, but other than that, they fit right in.

Bill

The PC seat-81s should just bolt right in. I have seen the seat for sell for $300 to $900 for a pair. They are not as tall as the stock 78 and earilier seats. They do fold down flat which is very nice when try to put thing either in or out of the back. They are also more form fitting. I have had both styles and prefer the later seats for comfort, but I'm a small sized guy( 5"7" 150lbs.) I also have a spare set out of an 80 vette.

Gary

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom