Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Security Settings?

D

Dirtfarmer

I've got 2 issues that recently popped up and I was wondering if anyone could provide some guidance. I'm guessing that the problem has to do with my computer's security settings. I'm running Vista with IE7.

1. When I sign in here, I have to do it twice before I'm recognized.

2. The forum seems to "lag" when I'm using this computer. In other words, threads aren't updated until either I log out or restart. Could I be reading the forum from the cache so I'm not seeing immediate changes to the site content?

Any help or tips appreciated.

Control Panel/Internet Options/Browsing History/Settings/Temporary Internet Files.

Explorer was set to "Never check for newer versions of stored pages".:eyerole Changing it back to "Every time I visit the webpage" did the trick.

Somehow it was switched.;shrug

Gremlins... not just ugly little AMC cars... also switching settings on your computer. :chuckle

-Mac

I think it must have happened with the last Windows update. Still learning my way around Vista.

I think it must have happened with the last Windows update. Still learning my way around Vista.
I use Apple at home (yes, Mac has a Mac), but my work laptop uses XP Pro. Some of the software hasn't been proved compatible to Vista so I'm not changing anytime soon. The last thing I need to do is lose functionality simply to have the "latest and greatest" from Mr. Gates.

-Mac

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom