Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Serial Question

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
Ok everytime I look on the internet about my car the optiion list keeps hinting that my car MAY be a Z51 how do I look for that probably all parts have been replaced but for resale and bragging rights Id sure like to know:W:

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
~ RPO Z51 included B4P, FG3, KC4, V01, 16x9.5-inch wheels, heavy-duty suspension, fast steering ratio. Coupes and manual transmissions only.

Does that help any, BigRed?

Ken

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
Okay thats what I mean my car handles WAY harder than my Dad's did (he had a 84) But I also realize that having 9.5's on the front will tend to do that

AND mines a coupe AND mines a manual AND I bought it with aftermarket...16' wheels

I really need to know if theres a serial # way of figuring this thing out but I sure appreciate the help ken

(By the way I don't fully understand B4P FG3 KC4 and V01 are those serial Id's?)

G

gs761

Codes

Big,
Not sure how the set up is on an '85, but on a '96 the RPO #'s are listed under the "storage box" lid (in the cargo deck area). Also, the build sheet should be up above the gas tank.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Greg
(GS#761)

B

brian86

Z51 or Z52

BIGRED,

You can tell the type of suspension by your steering wheel turns.
Z51 is 2 or 2 1/4 complete turns of the steering wheel. the Z52 is 2 3/4 complete turns. This should help you some in determining what you've got.

:w Good Luck!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom