Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Serial Question

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
Ok everytime I look on the internet about my car the optiion list keeps hinting that my car MAY be a Z51 how do I look for that probably all parts have been replaced but for resale and bragging rights Id sure like to know:W:

~ RPO Z51 included B4P, FG3, KC4, V01, 16x9.5-inch wheels, heavy-duty suspension, fast steering ratio. Coupes and manual transmissions only.

Does that help any, BigRed?

Ken

Okay thats what I mean my car handles WAY harder than my Dad's did (he had a 84) But I also realize that having 9.5's on the front will tend to do that

AND mines a coupe AND mines a manual AND I bought it with aftermarket...16' wheels

I really need to know if theres a serial # way of figuring this thing out but I sure appreciate the help ken

(By the way I don't fully understand B4P FG3 KC4 and V01 are those serial Id's?)

Codes

Big,
Not sure how the set up is on an '85, but on a '96 the RPO #'s are listed under the "storage box" lid (in the cargo deck area). Also, the build sheet should be up above the gas tank.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Greg
(GS#761)

Z51 or Z52

BIGRED,

You can tell the type of suspension by your steering wheel turns.
Z51 is 2 or 2 1/4 complete turns of the steering wheel. the Z52 is 2 3/4 complete turns. This should help you some in determining what you've got.

:w Good Luck!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom