Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Service manual on CD

Pseudomind

Corvette
2002 MY Roadster
Has anyone every used this CD manual? It reads that it includes the same information as the hard copies, which I have, but I would like to also have a manaul I could search through on my PC.

GM Factory Techline Service Information CD Set This is the same software as on our DVD version, but on an 8 CD set for those who do not have DVD drives. It's used by GM technicians and fully covers all GM vehicles from 1998-2005. This is an electronic version of the factory printed shop manuals. Vehicle brands covered include Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, Saturn, and Hummer.
In addition, this set contains engine and transmission manuals for all vehicles 96-97, Service Bulletins and Campaigns from 1980-present, and a Labor Time Standards guide.

http://www.service-bulletins.com/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=63

I believe "Pseudomind" is looking for a service manual rather than an owners manual (I have wondered the same thing, seeing service manual CDs on eBay for a very low price). I have download the owners manual for my 1999 and the link "XLR8" supplied here is very helpful! If anyone has purchased the CD version(s) of the factory service manual, especially those listed on eBay, I'd be interested in hearing whether they cover exactly what the printed paper manual covers...

HallenTi said:
I believe "Pseudomind" is looking for a service manual rather than an owners manual (I have wondered the same thing, seeing service manual CDs on eBay for a very low price). I have download the owners manual for my 1999 and the link "XLR8" supplied here is very helpful! If anyone has purchased the CD version(s) of the factory service manual, especially those listed on eBay, I'd be interested in hearing whether they cover exactly what the printed paper manual covers...

You know, you're right. Sorry. I didn't catch that. Hope you find 'em as in-expensive as possible, guys.

:w Jane Ann

Thanks XLR8, but HallEnTi is correct I had seen the post/link XLR8 is referring to some time ago and had downloaded the "Owner's manual," but, I am looking for the GM "Service Manual" on CD. I purchased the three book set from Fitchner Chevrolet which comes in handy, but can be awkward when searching at times.

Now I am looking to obtain a copy of the manuals on CD.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom