Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

service soon light

aligator

Corvette
2000 C-5 Convert. Red
I bought a 1996 convert,ce, 6 speed in June, with 14,000 miles, last week th service soon light came on, the shop cleared the codes,p0332,p1222, p1539. To day I was driving 65+ and lost power and the same warning came on. I came to a stop, started the car and drove off. Any Ideas?

My guess would be you lost your opti spark unit

p1222

I would bet you, or the dealer you bought it from (or individual) recently washed the engine. That would mean that moisture got in the opti and has not fouled the whole thing out.

That or you have a water pump failing and it has been dripping minor amounts of coolant right on top of the unit out of the weep hole of the pump.

The opti not only creates the individual spark for each cylinder, but also regulates the signal to the ECM that will pulse the injectors. If it looses that signal, it will shut the voltage off to the injectors as if the engine is not running, thus you loose power and stall out.

Do a Optispark or opti-spark, or opticrap, etc. search here in the forums to learn more about them, what is involved in changing them, and symptoms of many of the cars just before complete failure.

OR...as your p0332 code may indicate--your engine's knock sensors are picking up something that's causing it to retard your timing....thus your engine losing power. Test compression, change octane, adjust timing, check knock-sensor wires..........

Newbie may be right on target. At the same time, you knock retard will go off the scale if/when the injectors back off so much that they lean out, causing a "Ping" condition that then spirals out of control as one problem creates others. Sometimes it is hard to tell what came first (the chicken or the egg problem).

P1539=A/C clutch status intermettent high voltage.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom