Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Service Traction Control message - with codes!!

Crispyc21

Corvette
2002 Black Z06
C1725 RR Shock Absorber Solenoid (Short to Voltage)

B0332 Outside Air Temp Sensor Short to GND

B0337 Inside Air Temp Sensor Short to GND

B0361 Left Actuator Feedback Short to GND

B0365 Right Actuator Feedback Short to GND

I received these codes on the way to work this morning along with a “service traction control” message on my DIC. I didn’t get any idiot lights on the dash. Does anyone know where the ground points are for the above codes? I have a printout of the 13 ground points for the C5 but some are hard to get to and I rather have my search pin pointed. I don’t know how old my battery is but it’s not the original, it looks quite new. Volts are almost always above 13.

I don’t have the service manuals to look any of this information up.

If you don’t think it’s a ground issue let me know what you think it is and if there is any way to test the actual part.

No one knows the grounding points for the codes above? I wish I had a service manual for my 97. I've been keeping an eye on ebay.
I did notice that when I start my car the battery volts go down to about 10.8 but go right back up to over 13.5v. The bettery isn't the original but I also don't know how old it is. It looks newish.

Crispyc21 said:
I did notice that when I start my car the battery volts go down to about 10.8 but go right back up to over 13.5v. The bettery isn't the original but I also don't know how old it is. It looks newish.

If you're seeing the 10.8Vdc before START, that's your batt voltage. After START, the Voltmeter is indicating charging system voltage. MAYBE the problem, but it sure sounds like a gnd issue. I'll go through my 98 service manual, but I don't know how close that will be for you.

FWIW,
Joe

but it sure sounds like a gnd issue. I'll go through my 98 service manual, but I don't know how close that will be for you.

----------------------
I think it's a grounding issue as well. I'm sure there are not many differences between the 97 and 98. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I did have the same problem you are having right now. I was getting all the same weird messages on my DIC like you are getting now. Same voltage reading when ignition is turned on and when I started it, readings go up to 13.9 to 14.1 volts. Mine would be fine until I start using some of the accessories ... just not enough current to keep up with the load. My suspect is the internal regulator of the alternator, or the battery have a weak cell causing it not to hold the charge. :(

I replaced my alternator and solved the problem. When I was cleaning my engine compartment after about a week later ... I did see some corrosions in the base holder of the battery, so I loosen the connections and took the battery out to inspect the base ... lots of corrosion but not bad and cleaned it, that's when I found out that my old battery is leaking, so I ended buying a new battery as well just to be on the safe side.;shrug

Just my 2 cents worth. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Dan :v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom