Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Service Vehicle Soon?

T

trochred99

Have not drove vette for a week started it up Service Vehicle Soon flashed and steering wheel feels like no power steering at all. Any ideas?

Thanks

Sorry I can't help with your question but I'll bump it up for you again! Hopefully someone will come along soon that is more familiar with the technical aspects of the C5.

:w Jane Ann

I cannot address your problem myself. I do know that the "c" means current. Perhaps c4c5 will be able to tell you exactly what is going on.

Anyone ever use this? The price seems pretty good.

http://www.digimoto.com/

DRTH VTR said:
I cannot address your problem myself. I do know that the "c" means current. Perhaps c4c5 will be able to tell you exactly what is going on.

H= History
C= Current

HI there,
That code is for the 10-PCM.
If you lost powersteering, then the 28-TCS would be the system that monitors the system.
Were there any other codes in any other system???
Allthebest, c4c5

It may be an indication that your steering position sensor isn't reporting back the way it should. There are four grounds, along with two plugs I would look at. Two are up front behind the headlights, below where the hood strut comes down. These grounds have the plugs. Most likelly the plugs are corroded inside. Clean these, restore the connection and reinstall. Wire brush the studs at the frame rail and clean up the ground ends. For the other two, one is located along side the battery box towards the engine. The other is opposite hand, below the power break booster. These are usually listed as G101, 102, 103 and 104 in the service manual. There are 6 others, but I would start with these 4. Most likely the first two are the culprut with the plugs. This problem can be intermittent, and cause "Service Vehicle Soon" in the DIC and cause a P1637 to pop up.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom