Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shark???

MR. T.

Corvette
1977 Light Blue
This is probably a stupid question, but why are 68 - 82 referred to as "Sharks" I know they were called "Stingrays" but have no idea where "Shark" comes from. :confused Sorry for such a stupid question, but unless I ask I will never know. Thanks.:J

The short answer is I believe because the prototype 3rd generation Corvette was called the Mako Shark. It was actually painted the color of a shark.

I'll have to dip into my vette books to dig out more details - the ol' memory aint what it once was - and if no one else adds more detail I will do so soon.

John

The73vetteman said:
The short answer is I believe because the prototype 3rd generation Corvette was called the Mako Shark. It was actually painted the color of a shark.

I'll have to dip into my vette books to dig out more details - the ol' memory aint what it once was - and if no one else adds more detail I will do so soon.

John

Thanks I kinda of remember reading something about the Mako Shark, now that you reminded me. It makes sense I guess.

Michael

I read this once....

He had a Mako shark mounted in his office and had to have the vette the same color...they tryed and failed many times , until one night they took the shark out of his office and painted it to match their latest colored vette....the next day he gave his approval on the color.;)

Chas

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom