Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shaved Door Handles

diesel1456

Corvette
1989 white conv
I had these installed a couple of months ago. I had the door poppers put in so this way i don't have to keep opening the door for my wife. lol
Rich

hey man,
i love shaved door handles,i would have done it already,except its illegal in hawaii.get this,no smog or emissions tests at all,but cant shave those door handles.:( makes alot of sense.thats hawaii,we also have no-fault insurance.lame.
later,Todd.

We need it here in NY so we don't get car jacked lol
Rich

rollbar?

Rich,

Is that a roll bar I see in your picture? Can you tell me a little about it? I've been kicking the idea around to add one on mine, so the guys at the track won't hassle me if I go below 13.9.

Thanks...BBT

Re: rollbar?

BigBoyzToyz said:
Rich,

Is that a roll bar I see in your picture? Can you tell me a little about it? I've been kicking the idea around to add one on mine, so the guys at the track won't hassle me if I go below 13.9.

Thanks...BBT

:t c5:t c5:t c5,come on Larry,you wont regret it;)kinda bad turn-out at the cruise today ya,see you friday at the car show,
later,Todd.

Re: Re: rollbar?

hawaii-5-lo said:
:t c5:t c5:t c5,come on Larry,you wont regret it;)kinda bad turn-out at the cruise today ya,see you friday at the car show,
later,Todd.
Heah man!! I dont want to be the "odd man" here! I think he should stick with the C-4 for a while, he needs to take baby step's first!! :t :J

how did i know you would say that,but your c4 is cool and a little exotic,plus hes going to have problems with the vert at the track.one other point.no offense Larry,he will have to get use to launching a c5 on this pitiful track,so you can beat up on a c5,until he gets used to it, get a convertor soon.you will be right there!you sure have been down on your car lately,maybe you should get to the track and feel the torque,
later,Todd.

Roll Bar

Yea its a roll bar, i got tired of just seeing them on mustangs and porches it's very rare to see one on a corvette but i like to be different. I had the body shop put this in it is not welded it just has flanges that are bolted in more for show. The guy said he could weld it in but it would be a big project and more expensive because he would have to remove a lot of fiberglass and start with plates and all that stuff so i said just bolt it in and it still cost like 400 bucks to have it put in. I don't have the site where i got it from sorry but it was like 200 bucks or less with padding. Here is a site not the one i used but has corvette roll bars.
Speedworks
phone # 972-395-9844
hope this helped
Rich

Re: rollbar?

BigBoyzToyz said:
Rich,

Thanks...BBT
Roll bar Larry!! roll bar!!! go for it!!

hello again,
in my opinion,the c4 and c5 verts look totally awesome with the top down and a nice cage showing.hey Larry,if you do a cage,maybe while its being fitted we can install a 100 wet shot of n2o,then get some slicks,yee-haw,later,Todd.

I'd love to have shaved door handles.

How long did it take and how expensive? I don't even know how they'd do that and make it look right, but yours looks nice.

shaved door handles

My son works at a body shop so they only charged me 250 bucks to shave the handles. but just a word of wisdom whoever does this 2 things (1) take out the whole section of door handle do not try to fill it in. The whole square piece must be taken out and then fiberglass matted front and from the back inside the door. It takes a little time (2) run 2 extentions from your battery to inside your front fender well so in case your battery go's dead you can just hook jumper cable's on to those two leed's because if it's locked you r not getting in with a dead battery. The door poper kit was about 150 bucks for 18 lb thruster's that ran about 300 to have installed. I love it any show i have been to i haven't seen these on a vette yet.
Rich

shaved door handles

You have to get the door popper's installed. With that you get a remote number 4 locks the car,3 unlocks the car, 2 pop's open the pass. side door and hit 1 and it pop's open the driver's side door. The door's pop open about 6in or so and that's it you open the door the rest of the way and get in.
Rich

Wow, looks good. I was considering shaving my handles too. Now I really want too. What brand or company did you end up using. Is the 18 lb is enough? I want to make sure they fit too. Also, I like the idea about the battery leads. One other question. I understand they don't work (for safety reasons) if the car is running, what if you start the car and get out and close the door?......OOPS....wht then? Thanks.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom