Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

She's gone

mmvette80

My car went home with its new owner this morning.
We parted after 8 yrs and 2 months.

mmvette80 said:
My car went home with its new owner this morning. :cry
We parted after 8 yrs and 2 months. One day in the future (fingers crossed) I hope I can be the proud owner of a Corvette again and be part of that family. :z

Mark: Ouch........that must of hurt. :cry After the car was gone, I sure hope you didn't go in the house & start listening to some sad "Country" tunes, or worse yet, some REALLY SAD "Blues" :cry ;LOL

Dave: :Steer

mmvette80 said:
We parted after 8 yrs and 2 months. One day in the future (fingers crossed) I hope I can be the proud owner of a Corvette again and be part of that family. :z
You were an owner.....you will always be part of the family...cheer up. You'll be behind the wheel of another one before you know it.

mmvette80 said:

How did you find your buyer? Auto trader, Ebay, Action Center, etc????

Mark, it $ucks now, but things work out for the better. Come to Sears on 107 in Hicksville Tuesday nights. Lots of cars, look for a '78 S/A... hope to ya soon...Mike

When the time is right, you will back in the saddle. Hope it is sooner rather then later!

69myway- The car sold on ebay.
MVFTW- Ill take you up on the offer Tuesday nights Rt107
It really was weird seeing the car pull away when the new owners left.

mmvette80 said:
69myway- The car sold on ebay.
MVFTW- Ill take you up on the offer Tuesday nights Rt107
It really was weird seeing the car pull away when the new owners left. It was something I never felt. Its weird knowing its not in the garage anymore.

Mark,

I checked out the "sellers" portion of ebay last night. It confused the HECK out of me. There was a percent, but no more than this $$$$ for everything.

I just wanted to see a clear concise chart or list for the cost to place an ad, but it escaped me.

How did you come out on the costs and fees side of the selling?

69myway- Ebay charges a entry fee which is $40 for auto's.Then after the car sells they get a percentage. My car sold for $8250 and I had to pay $145. Not bad since the whole world see's it.

Heah Mark,
Did you sell it on Ebay motors or as just a straight up auction??On Ebay motors if would have you list mileage,color vin ect and should have only cost you $40.00 to list and $40.00 if it sold.If you use the straight up method they work a percentage on you!!I bought an 81 last summer for my wife and did some cleanup on it but was too much car for her so sold it on Ebay a couple months ago and paid a total of $80.00.If it doesn't sell the first listing then you can relist for $40.00 but they will refund that money if you sell it the second listing!I sold it for $6900.00 (In March 2003)and ended up being sold to a local guy so I will most likely see it around sometime!
Luckily I wasn't too attached to the 81 as I still have my 80 and that ain't going nowhere as have too much sweat equity in her as well as a thin back pocket!
The thing about Ebay is most folks don't get to look at what their getting and the few I did look at weren't really as described.
I bought a 76 El Camino out of Maryland that was listed with alittle rust on floorboards and alittle in the bed.Well my foot would fit thru the floorboard and there was only half the bed left so I guess he was just talking about the floor that was left had alittle rust on it.
Don't get me wrong I like Ebay but there are some shady sellers on there as well.I pay close attention to their feedback if getting used parts ect.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom