Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

She's leaving me for awhile...

Admiral BLUE ROCKS

LIKE MINE TOO!!!!!
Paint code is 28( gm code )

I think only available in 94-96

There is also Quasar Blue metalic
paint code 80

buy a pint or 2 and shoot it on some primered cardboard.

Shoot a coat of clear over it and walk around in the sun & shade with it.

Warning.. the neighbors kid painted his Oldsmopile the EXACT same color as mine

On his car it looks "Smurfy" no 2nd color to offset it ( like the Arctic White Stripe, paint code 10) but you park em next to one another and it's the same.

The final proof is on the car....

Mike

Re: Admiral BLUE ROCKS

vigman said:
On his car it looks "Smurfy"

ROTFLMAO!! :L

That's what I'm trying to avoid so I'm not sure that I want to be responsible for changing the color then hating it when the whole car is "too blue"...

Barb :w

Re: Admiral BLUE ROCKS

vigman said:
LIKE MINE TOO!!!!!
Paint code is 28( gm code )
I think only available in 94-96

Heck yeh, Admiral Blue rocks! You're right about the availability and in 96 it was only available on the GS. It's pretty rare for 94 and 95 too, so much so that when I was looking for a 95 I found that folks were charging b/w $1K & $2K more for Admirals than anything else just because of the color. One local fellow described it as having the appearance of having been plugged into an outlet. It kinda almost looks purple in the right light. Kelly and I love it and some do we'll have one, though not as soon as we may have originally wanted:(.

- Eric :w

Re: Here's an update...

BBB454 said:
So now the age-old question - make it stock or make it what I want?

You answered your own question I think Barb. Make it as YOU want it. :upthumbs

Blue? I'm partial to the lighter shades of blue. Something akin to a glacier-blue/ice-blue hue. :cool

_ken :w

Is your vette at a small out-of-the-way shop in north Libertyville ... if so ... I saw it the other day ... nice original ...

72BB said:
Is your vette at a small out-of-the-way shop in north Libertyville ... if so ... I saw it the other day ... nice original ...

Yes, it is at Tripower - do you know Mike, Mike & John?
Thanks for the compliment...

Another blue question...

Does anyone have a Bryar blue Vette that they could send me pics of? I recall hearing somewhere that Targa blue in 72 was the same as Bridgehampton blue in 71. Is that right, or is the Bryar blue the same as Bridgehampton? I saw one pic of a Bryar blue that looked like the color I'm interested in...
Thanks!

Barb,

Actually, Bridgehampton and Targa are very close to one another, as are Bryar and Mulsanne. I was told once before that the two pairings were the same two shades except for the name. However, one of the books I've aquired recently has the paint mixing codes and they are different in the book so I'm uncertain. Perhaps one of our paint experts know the truth. The links below are pics of Bridgehamton, Targa, and Mulsanne. You'll notice that B'hampton and Targa are both dark and Mulsanne is more of a light, almost silvery, blue.

I'm at work so I couldn't resize these pics, that's why they are links. Once I get home, I'll resize them and post them as pics so they will be easier to compare. Of course, lighting is everything when trying to compare colors so this may not help.

- Eric :w

1971 Bridgehampton
1970 Mulsanne
72Targa

BBB454 said:

Yes, it is at Tripower - do you know Mike, Mike & John?
Thanks for the compliment...

Yep - I know them Too. They will be doing the same windshield pillar work on my 72 within the next 3 weeks or so ... wonder why vette rust so bad there ...

Thanks Eric!

I'm going to have to check it out with our crappy slow home computer, because my work laptop won't let me see the pics (the website is "forbidden" by the administrator - whoa).

But check out this pic of a supposedly Bryar Blue vette:

72BB said:

Yep - I know them Too. They will be doing the same windshield pillar work on my 72 within the next 3 weeks or so ... wonder why vette rust so bad there ...

Are you having it repainted too, or just the pillar work?
I'll probably get to see your baby too, next time I go visit mine! :)

Someone here can probably answer the "why" question, but it isn't me...

Sorry Barb, I completely forgot to downsize those pics when I got home last night. BTW, that Bryar blue pic looks way too dark; I'm thinking it's probably actually Targa. Bryar should look very similar to Mulsanne in the picture I posted. Targa and Bridgehampton are the really dark blues like yours. Examples of Bryar and Targa are usually hard to find since they were only offered in 72.

- Eric

71Shark said:
Sorry Barb, I completely forgot to downsize those pics when I got home last night. BTW, that Bryar blue pic looks way too dark; I'm thinking it's probably actually Targa. Bryar should look very similar to Mulsanne in the picture I posted. Targa and Bridgehampton are the really dark blues like yours. Examples of Bryar and Targa are usually hard to find since they were only offered in 72.

- Eric

Eric, no problem. I didn't have time to sign on last night anyway, or I would have checked them out on our home computer.

That picture I posted was why I was confused about the colors. I think you're right, and it's probably Targa. The panel of Bridgehampton blue that they painted for me to check the color looks too light to me, but maybe when the whole car's done it will look darker?

Ahhhh, I hate decisions like this!! :hb

BBB454 said:

Are you having it repainted too, or just the pillar work?
I'll probably get to see your baby too, next time I go visit mine! :)

Someone here can probably answer the "why" question, but it isn't me...

Nope - no repaint this year ... gotta decide - someday - to repaint Mille Milgia Red or go back to the original War Bonnet Yellow, decisions, decisions

Decision is final

I made the phone call a few minutes ago - I'm keeping her the original color. I can't find any other blue I like more for a chrome-bumper shark.

I hope to have her back within a month now... :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom