Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shifter knob rattle

mperrysr

Corvette
06 Coupe Black on order
I have the 06 C6 with paddle shifters and am noticing a definite annoying rattle from the console shifter knob button. I noticed the trigger button itself is a little loose and causing the problem, but don't know how to fix it, other than bringing it to the dealership. Has anyone else experienced this? Car is 10 months old, 2700 miles. It is very diufficult to find the replacement shifter knob for this car for sale online. ;shrug

Fix it on their dime if it's under warranty. Why would you buy a shifter knob out of your own pocket? You must be very wealthy.:L :L

There's been several reported problem of this in the past including mine. A couple of others in my vett club also had this problem. Changing the rear end gear fluid and additive solved the problem. Turned out it was drive line vibration induced.

HOLY CRAP - YOU MEAN THERE HAS TO BE A FLUID CHANGE TO FIX THE LITTLE STAINLESS PART I DEPRESS THAT SEEMS TO BE RATTLEING??? HERE AND ALL THIS TIME (3 MONTHS) I THOUGHT A SIMPLE SHIM WOULD DO THE JOB. JUST GOES TO SHOW WHAT I KNOW. I'LL PRINT THIS OUT AND TAKE TO THE DEALER - OH BYW, IS THERE A BULLITIN FROM GM ABOUT THIS PROBLEM??? SEEMS LIKE THERE SHOULD BE IF THERE IS A VIBRATION FROM THE DRIVE LINE.

No bulletin that I know of. Just know thats been the fix on several cars around here. One friend talked to a factory tech and they were stumped. Its worth a try and it should be covered under warranty. Tell them your rear end is making noise on tight turns.

BUT MY REAR END MAKES NOISE (AND SMELLS FUNNY TOO) ONLY WHEN I EAT CERTAIN FOODS LIKE BEANS! OH, SILLY ME, I BET YOU MEAN THE CARS REAR END DON'T YOU???? THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

I know one guy who shoved a piece of felt up in there and that worked too. Of course he wasnt a stand up kind of guy either. :rotfl

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom