Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

shims body to frame 1960

Corvette
1960 horizon blue conv
I have painted and put back together my 60 vette and now realize I need to re-shim my car for doors to fit properly:confused does anyone have any tips to make it any easier. I am thinking I need to have it on the ground with proper size tires or can it be done on jack stands any ideas will be appreciated mike

Hi Michael,

If you put your jack stands under the rear axle housing and under the front lower control arms you would have the same stress as having the car sitting on the tires. Are your door gaps too tight or too loose? Does the bottom line up with the rocker panel evenly?

Tom

tom, I am zeroing in on problem the bottom gap is pretty good I have checked all shims they are pretty equal except the rear if I raise the rear of body up it does not seem to be in to much strain and it closes door gap to about 1/4 inch all around which I think is ok the only concern I have is the gap from body to rear crossmember pad is about 1" I can shim it and let it go but that seems like alot difference in shims

That does seem to be a lot of shims. Have you tried removing shims under the lock pillar and the cowl to lower the center of the body instead of lifting the rear?

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom