Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shinoda start

Good info, thanks. The Fidanza, being aluminum, seems appropriate for racing: quicker (less inertia) RPM changes for drag or road racing. Interesting, according to and differing from other posts, is that the 4+3 master works with the ZF slave.

The cam info is in my signature, but radical, to me, is indicated less by the specs and more by the lumpy :thumb idle at 900 rpm or so. I don't and won't drag race the car, but am told by some who know that this car is faster than a stock C4 ZR1 and should run in the 12s. :w

I see the specs now. Mine was a Comp roller single pattern 218/218 @.050 w a .538" lift and a 108d LSA. Stock 350 bottom end w stock forged pistons. I was using a ported Xfire manifold, TFS 23D heads-64cc chambers, and 2.13" TBIs w 80# 454 injectors. TPIS headers w Random Tech Cat and Magnaflow catback. So for a 409CID, I don't think the cam is very radical. The wider the LSA, the smoother the idle. Typical production LSAs are in the 112-115d range. The issue w the AL FW or a single mass is that the ZF Black Label has more of a square cut gear. So you will experience some gear rattle particularly at idle. The Dual Mass FW absorbs that but don't think it will mount to the 1st Gen crank. ZFDoc does a great job w the rebuilds. BTW, his shifter is BUTTAH.
Tuning the combo will be key and I don't mean just for WOT.

ZFDoc does a great job w the rebuilds. BTW, his shifter is BUTTAH.
Tuning the combo will be key and I don't mean just for WOT.
I am waiting for a return call now, from Bill. Good to know that I don't need to drop more coin on a shifter.

This engine was tuned real well, way past what some 'experts' said was possible, such that it was very tractable around town and downright nasty at WOT, which rarely was usable, due to wheelspin of the 315s.

Chats with Mike at RAM and more exchanges with Jim have me comfy that this will go well and deliver a car that is fun, again. I bought a new mini-starter to see if the current mini-starter has a heat soak problem, having checked about everything else.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom