Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

short throw shifter, who has one?

Yes and I'm sorry for not replying...been remodeling and my mind has been elsewhere...Thank you:duh

Wish I'd known that before I got mine...that's a great deal....:eek:

The catalogs are good for some things, but highway robbery for others. This is one of them. SUcks to pay for the middle man.

Sent you an email about the Euro lamps again. I have the part numbers if you want to buy them. Jeff Kopp should be able to get them for you for a decent price.

Thanks for the input, and great idea to buy directly from Chris. Looks like he closed the item, however, so I EMailed him to see if he'll accept one more order. I'll let ya' know.

Thanks, Jeffvette!
I EMailed Chris, and he said OK to another $120 purchase even though that offer was closed. Your new link worked also (I'm not too good with EBay stuff... never looked for other offers by Chris). Anyway, I signed up for one of the shifters, and should have it shipped soon.
I'm not sure when I'll install it... probably not for a couple of months when it's a little warmer (below zero almost every night, and snow emergency in PA today... 18-24" of snow so far and still coming down hard). I'll let you guys know how the installation went. Thanks again for all the info... :beer

Johnny what kind of wheels are those on your vette???
Are the rears 18*11??
Those are sewwt looking rims!

Hurst has been the best in the shifter market for many years and GM has used the as stock options in the performance cars for many years so I dont see the option of anything else.
Just my .02

Chris

Yup... Hurst is definitely the way to go. I bought a brand new 1970 1/2 350 Camaro SS that came stock with one. Raced it, and never had a problem. I'm an old guy, had three or four Hurst shifters over the years, and frankly, I gave very little consideration to any of the other brands... I tend to stick with what I know will work.

I received mine directly from Chris in just a day or two (I highly recommend you buy direct from him). Last night, my son and I got the Vette up on jack stands, and took our first look underneath. I was hoping to see nice shiny stainless steel studs and nuts going into the manifold... yeah, right. :( After a lot of penetrating oil, we were able to get the three nuts off the left, but on the right, we got the first nut, broke the second stud, and so far can't get the third nut (rounded). The rest of the exhaust (hangers) took just a few minutes, but those manifolds!!! With all the plastic, aluminum, and stainless on this thing, you'd think that GM could have splurged for a few stainless steel studs and nuts to make my life a little easier. :hb

Anyway, I'm off to tackle that last manifold nut, and then drill out that broken stud... some fun. I hope the shifter intallation will go a little easier... not too much room up there. I'll keep you posted.

Put mine in yesterday

Well, we completed my installation yesterday and I drove around town with it and I got to say it is great. The positive shift feel makes the whole car seem tighter.

For the money (I bought mine from Chris Rienhart, the inventor on Ebay for $120 shipped!) you can't go wrong. There were a couple of concering moments during installation but all in all it went pretty easy.

We had a lift at our disposal, and that made things go a whole lot easier.

Awesome look inside the car. It use to feel like shifting a bus now it's like owning a super car, oh wait it is a super car!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom