Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shorty headers

Highway Man

Corvette
1992 Black on Black Coupe
I have been contemplating putting some shorty headers on my 92 lt1 and I am wondering how much of a performance gain I can realistically expect. I know that a greater gain can be had with long tube headers but I am not ready to go that route just yet. I have added an x pipe and magnaflow mufflers but I still have the stock cats on the car. I read one article where it stated that shorty headers didn't provide much of a performance gain and if that is the case then I would be better waiting and put on long tubes or just forget the whole idea altogether. I would appreciate any input and if you have shorty's on your car what kind of effect it had also what brand of shorty's were installed. Thanks!:w Well I guess I should have taken th the time and read some of the other posts about shorty headers. Looks like I am going to ditch that idea and maybe at some point install some longies. Oh well, its always fun to look and research all the options!

I would wait until you decide to go to long tubes. As the stock LT1 exhaust manifolds flow pretty good for just cast iron. You will little except a lighter wallet from shorties. Especially, since you have the cats on the car, these are the restriction for you at this point.

As long as you're saving for long tubes, save enough to get them hot coated. They will work much better and the underhood plastic will thank you. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom