Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Should I Sell My 1977 Vette

leeboy66

Corvette
1977 Bright Yellow Coupe
I'm thinking of selling my 1977 Corvette and buying a new 2010 Camaro. Do you think I should do it? I am torn between owning a classic and buying a new piece of GM muscle car. What do you think?

I'm thinking of selling my 1977 Corvette and buying a new 2010 Camaro. Do you think I should do it? I am torn between owning a classic and buying a new piece of GM muscle car. What do you think?

As your local Vette-to-Fbody representative...

:chuckle

No.

Not unless you really want* the Camaro -and- purchasing said car won't negatively impact you financially.

*Since you'll be the one driving it- be really serious about how it fits into your life, lifestyle, and family & transportation requirements, needs, or goals.

:D

If it is an impulse buy- then think about it for a while. Then, put your Vette up for sale and see how you feel about selling it once folks start to show up to see it. :thumb

No to F-body, and no for 2010 Camaro, triple no for mustangs.

1977 wasnt exactly the high water mark for Corvettes, so its very unlikely you can sell the 77 for enough dough to buy even a 6 cyl Camaro.

If that was my "Classic" and I really liked it, I would rather trade it towards a higer performance Corvette than a 2 ton Camaro.

This is just my 2 cents, But if it were me. the answer would be no. I have seen the new camaros, matter of fact looked at one at local dealer on Thursday. I was not impressed with it. But like I said thats me. You will have to make that choice.

Mike.

Thanks, everyone for replies. I know that selling my 1977 will not allow me to buy a new Camaro outright. I was just toying with the idea of using the money I get towards the new car. I have always wanted a brand new Corvette, but was thinking that a 2010 Camaro SS would be a low cost alternative. I'm not really serious about selling the Corvette, just throwing thr idea out there. :)

If you are talking daily driver the new car may be better but to buy it and let it sit in the garage to become a "collector" car is a joke. Your Vette is trending back up slowly.

Thanks, everyone for replies. I know that selling my 1977 will not allow me to buy a new Camaro outright. I was just toying with the idea of using the money I get towards the new car. I have always wanted a brand new Corvette, but was thinking that a 2010 Camaro SS would be a low cost alternative. I'm not really serious about selling the Corvette, just throwing thr idea out there. :)
If your not serious then why did you ask? Listen, I think we all have had those urges and thoughts. For me what helps, I always go out to the garage, lift up the cover, sit in her for a few and think "Hell No". I will never ever sell my Vette no matter how much she is worth or how much money and time she has taken from me. It has all been worth it. Just this past weekend, it was so nice I had the garage open and I was doing some carburetor work on her and a woman I never met before walked by and said "Wow, that's a nice car". And she didn't even see the whole car! I think that in itself speaks volumes. I'm not sure if anyone would ever get that type of a response for a 2010 Camaro. So, go sit in her for a few. Everything will be all better.....:upthumbs

i sold my 77 in 2000,but bought a brand new c5,slammed and modded it before i even had the real license plates.
New camaro,well the car looks good,but it's one of those cars that will be at every stop lite soon. It's like that in hawaii already,i see new maros and cudas everytime i leave the house,theres 3 on my street alone. Soon the cops will have them too,the cuda is already approved,and in the force,and the camaro is soon to be approved. Yes,most cop cars here are not cruisers,just regular vehicles that are approved by the HPD and DOT.
Then the rental car agencies will have them...
But if it's what you want,get it!

Keep the Vette........the car that didn't go away and then come back :eyerole

I looked at the new camaros too,and I think they are nice,but I know I would miss my vette.Wouldn't it be nice to have both? remember a vette is a vette:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom