Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Signal Flasher

Corvette
78 Restro
Hi Everyone It's DUMMY TIME.

The turn signals stopped working on my '78. The fuse is good and the hazard flashers work. OK, I checked all 3 of my wireing books and all 3 say something different.

The flasher on the fuse panel works with the hazard lights. So, can someone tell me where the turn signal flasher is; and is there somethings else I need to check. HELP!!!!!!!

Gary

Not sure, except I found one sorta dangling....over

under the passenger side near the heater works....have no idea if this was as it was supposed to be or not.

There usually are two flashers. Another place to look is deep up under the passenger or center (do you have 2 or 3?) rear compartment doors - up near the birdcage wall is a mess of wiring and such.

Thanks for the help so far, but I still need to find the #### thing.

There is a flasher in the center console near the shifter. Got that be the right one? I checked behind the seats, 3 compartments, and there is nothing there.
Hopefully someone can say where to find the signal flasher.

Gary

Copdogcorvettes said:
Thanks for the help so far, but I still need to find the #### thing.

There is a flasher in the center console near the shifter. Got that be the right one? I checked behind the seats, 3 compartments, and there is nothing there.
Hopefully someone can say where to find the signal flasher.

Gary
That's where mine is!! 78 L82 matching #'s:upthumbs gmjunkie!! p.s. Gary, Thay can be where outher person's have Posted!! Depend's on year and op! I'v seen them above the Rt. or Lt. of steering colm. junk!!

OK, I finally found my 78 factory wiring book. The flasher is located behind the glove box. I'll check that out in the morning. Hopefully I can get this problem fixed then.

Thanks for the help so far,

Gary

Thank you all for your help. I found the flasher and fixed the problem. Just for anyones information, the flasher is located under the right side of the glove box. You can get to it from under the dash; no need to remove the glove box.

It's great when you have the right book!!!

Again thank you,

Gary

gary
sorry to arrive late at this party, as i had to change mine out (78 pace car) and could have pointed you to it at once. mine has the factory capacitor as part of the turn signal flasher set up. you might want to check to make sure you have it if you have the OEM radio in the car. (it might also be helpful for a replacement stereo, but i'm not certain). i believe it was necessary as an additional noise suppressor to rid the radio of the static interference clicking noises when the turn signal was activated. additionally, the "flasher" you found under the center console is actually a signal device (buzzer or warning) that i believe is either the seat belt warning, lights on warning, or something similar (i don't know yet because i haven't approached that part of the system for repair as of this date). perhaps someone else can clearify that for us both.

steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom