Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sirius/XM add-on??

Nut

Corvette
Vette-less for now
Can anyone tell me if the Delco/Bose radio with the tape player and 12 disk CD changer that comes in a 2002 C5 is capable of having the (GM version) of an installed Sirius/XM radio module installed as part of the "AUX" button on the head unit? My 2003 Cadillac DTS could be upgraded as was my wifes old '04 Vibe. Both had Delco radios. But I did not see anything in the Owners Manual that indicated the radio options in the 2002 were "XM ready". I know I can rig up any number of the "Roady" units to it through an FM channel, but my preference would be a "plug-in" install.

Thx................. nut

Seems to me that the 12 disc player is lost when you go to the xm module. I bought an XM sky dock. It uses an ipod along with the skyydock. Plugs into the cigarette lighter.

XM Add-On Update

Here are a couple pictures of how I jury-rigged in my XM Roady head unit that I swap out when I ride the Harley Ultra Classic.
The antenna is attached to the trunk lid with dbl-sided tape. You see there must be 3-4 inches of slack after a ran the cable under the trunk weatherstripping. There is a space on the left side of the weatherstrip that has a small slit in it that allows the cable to now be inside the trunk area. Routed the wire AWAY from the convertible top lid hinges and tucked under as much of the plastic trim pieces and rug as possible. The head unit is velco attached inside the glove box along with the power plug that goes into the alternate 12v power outlet. this way I have no wires exposed for the antenna or pwr. Works perfectly in the glove box. The trunk and convertible lid can be opened/closed without snapping the antenna wire. Drilled NO holes anywhere. Extra antenna wire was tucked under the loose carpet behind the drivers seat.

......nut :D2012 - 2002 Corvette 001 (2).jpg2012 - 2002 Corvette 002 (2).jpg2012 - 2002 Corvette 003.jpg

I use a Delphi My Fi unit. I put the antenna up on the dash on the passenger side up by the windshield.

Ive never had good success with the antenna behind the glass here on the east coast. The dbl sided tape will pull off ok and not damage the paint/fiberglass. Did the same mount on my old C3. Thx for the input.

Nut

This might off subject a little, Having trouble with my original radio (going on n off,Ipod adaptor works sometimes also believe something from the radio drains the battery). Thinking of installing new radio all together. Any suggestions/opinions?
Paul:w

Ive never had good success with the antenna behind the glass here on the east coast. The dbl sided tape will pull off ok and not damage the paint/fiberglass. Did the same mount on my old C3. Thx for the input.

Nut

I've had mine on for about 4 years and haven't had any trouble with it.

I just set my antennae on the drivers side rear wheel well, inside the cargo area. Ran the line under the carpet under the drivers seat and up into the console area and out the ash tray, I can plug in and unplug the antennae whenever I move the Skydock from the Corvette to the wife's DD.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom