Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Sirus Radio added to my C5

jj-vette

Corvette
2001 Navy Coupe
I have a Sirius Satellite Radio in my car and would like to install one in my 2001 C5 coupe as well. Getting and mounting the radio is not the problem, installing a new antenna is. Has anyone done this installation? Where did you mount the new antenna? I do not want to put an antenna on the outside of the car. I was hoping to mount it somewhere in the engine bay or frame area and run the wire through the firewall. Could it be mounted in the luggage area and the wire run under the carpet to the dash? Finally, can the radio be hooked to the exsisting radio speakers? Thanks for any help. jj-vette

I have a Sirius Satellite Radio in my car and would like to install one in my 2001 C5 coupe as well. Getting and mounting the radio is not the problem, installing a new antenna is. Has anyone done this installation? Where did you mount the new antenna? I do not want to put an antenna on the outside of the car. I was hoping to mount it somewhere in the engine bay or frame area and run the wire through the firewall. Could it be mounted in the luggage area and the wire run under the carpet to the dash? Finally, can the radio be hooked to the exsisting radio speakers? Thanks for any help. jj-vette

jj...... I added my XM Roadie to my 2002 convertible. As for the antenna, I have tried numerous locations out of sight on various other vehicles but the problem with this is the satellite radio signal is relatively week in comparison to a radio signal. Such is why you can have a "no signal" when riding under a thick tree canopy or especially in tall office bldgs. typical in NYC, DC, Chicago, ...etc. I put my antenna on the rear truck lid as you can see in the pictures. It is barely noticeable and smaller than the stock antenna's you get on new vehicles. I ran the wiring under the trim, carpeting, ...etc and hid the receiver in the center console as there is a power outlet there and I have no visible wiring. The roadie plays thru my FM channel 89.5mhz here in the DC area where this channel is basically open.

Just an optional idea to consider.

............. nut :D

Attachments

• 2012 - 2002 Corvette 003.jpg
    2012 - 2002 Corvette 003.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 2012 - 2002 Corvette 002 (2).jpg
    2012 - 2002 Corvette 002 (2).jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 2012 - 2002 Corvette 001 (2).jpg
    2012 - 2002 Corvette 001 (2).jpg
    117 KB · Views: 131
I use a "SkyDock" in my 01 and I put the antennae on the rear cargo area on the drivers side, where you open it up and there it is.

This is the Skydock

Here's where I mounted the antennae. Like you said, I ran the wire under the carpet up to the dock. A little velcro on the bottom side of the puck keeps it in place.

I pulled out 2 rear tail lights and installed a plate on top of the rear bumper frame with the antenna attached, works well, dont forget to put the tail lights back in

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom