Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Slammed C5's

Bucks County, PA

Beautiful shot of this 2002 Electron Blue coupe. Lowered on stock bolts.
Remo:cool

07260702.jpg

Sorry no pics but just lowered on stock bolts last weekend. I have the F45 suspension on my 2001 so I was a little worried what would happen. SOTP it feels just a little bit firmer on all three settings (tour, sport, performance). Can't tell any improvement in handling since the roads were still wet and did not want to push it too hard with my Kumhos in 40-50 degree weather with the summer tires.

My measurements before and after taken from the floor, center of the wheel, to the bottom of the fender lip. The vette was pretty square to begin with.

Fronts were both 27-1/4 inches before; after left side at 26-1/2, right side slightly higher at 26-2/3 inches.
Rears were 28-1/2; after 27-1/2

I'll measure again after another drive. Hope it evens out side to side.

Dallas, Texas

Outstanding 2000 Artic White Convertible - dropped using lowering kit
and Bilstien Sport shocks. CCW 505a rims look great as well.
Remo :cool

1570221485_351809cd46_b.jpg

Butler, PA

Very tastey 2000 Torch Red Vert. CCW T10 wheels and
slammed using WCC lowering kit with Bilstien Sport shocks.

IMG_0704.jpg

Omaha, NE

Neal Garber's perfect little 1999 Black FRC lowered on stock bolts.

P3160018.jpg

Finally Done

OK gang here's a shot of mine finally finished. Lowered using T-One springs and sway bars, WCC lowering kit and Bilstien shocks.
Ride is considerably stiffer, conering is flat as Kansas in August, compression and rebound much shorter and tighter. Big improvement
over the Z51 suspension - but you need to make sure your fillings are tight.

2209786100103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

Looks good Remo. Is your dental insurance up-to-date? :boogie

Wow Jetz... 5-year old thread bump! :L

;LOLJunkman how are you brah?
I had just Googled myself, and found this thread with the pics missing. Since I deleted them when I had changed over from Imageshack to Photobucket I wanted to replace them. The 'edite' function didn't work so I just replied, didn't want to leave a void.:D 5 years...:ugh

Hope you have a great holiday season!

Frank :beer

christmas203942djliw_zps56600c7b.jpg

Wow Jetz... 5-year old thread bump! :L

Last edited:
Glad you did Jetz. That car is FAB-U-LUST! :thumb

I saw a Remo thread active and I just figured he found a way to dial into Al Gore's Amazing Internet from the great beyond. Perhaps this was a good karma and a good moment for all of us to remember friends and family that we have all lost this year. I still feel privileged to have had the opportunity with Guy to deliver Remo's prized Quicksilver to his son Brian out on the left coast this past summer. Rest in piece my old friend. :beer Here's a toast to you.

............... nut :D

I saw a Remo thread active and I just figured he found a way to dial into Al Gore's Amazing Internet from the great beyond. Perhaps this was a good karma and a good moment for all of us to remember friends and family that we have all lost this year. I still feel privileged to have had the opportunity with Guy to deliver Remo's prized Quicksilver to his son Brian out on the left coast this past summer. Rest in piece my old friend. :beer Here's a toast to you.

............... nut :D

Great post. Very moving as I didn't realize that Remo was not among us physically, but is still remembered spiritually. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom