Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Slight vibration in the seat over 3000 RPM

T

THannah

I have a 94 LT1 with the 6 speed, the car is new to me so I am not familiar with some of its quirks.

When accelerating through the gears, I seem to feel a very slight vibration in the seat over 3000 RPM in the lower gears. When you shift or decellerate under the 3000 RPM in any gear, you do not feel it. This should eliminate from the tailshaft back as the U Joint and shafts are at an increasing speed.

Go get in yours and tell me if you feel the same thing, if so, I have nothing to worry about.

Thanks

Sounds normal to me. Mine does the same when I get on the gas with some gusto. I can't verify for certain that nothing is out of whack, but I'm not concerned about the vibrations I feel.

U-joints or wheel bearings will show symptoms at any rpm and will be most noticed at lower rpm's; it wouldn't hurt to check them if you haven't already done so.

As you stated, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

C4's transmit a ton of road feel to your seat bottom. I can tell you from experience with my 84 if an ant crosses the road and you hit it you will feel it. Gives a good massage though. :)

:bar

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom