Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Slipcovers

Chetzki

Corvette
1996 Torch Red LT4 Coupe
I'm looking at slipcovers to protect my seats. I think black with red highlights/detailing would look good and I would spend up to $100. I see the covers in the catalogs but I'm wondering what people think about their's? I want something durable with a tight fit. Some of them look "baggy" in the catalogs.

Eckler's has some for $100 (not the Covercrafts), but how well do they fit?

Thanks,
Chetzki

I purchased Okley's, not the ones you mentioned and they are more expensive, but I like black with red trim.

seat07.jpg

You can see how I installed them on my website...

http://hometown.aol.com/jtreml/proj01.html

seat07.jpg

Those look great, where did you get those,I need some.
Thanks in advance.

I purchased them from Wet Okole last year. I like them very much but the C4 logo was silkscreened on and not stitched like their website shows.

I saw these Okole's and the installation on a forum search. They are very nice! I don't want to spend that much. After looking at my seats again, I realize only a highly customized cover would fit and still show the form of the seat. I'll have to live with some cheaper version and uncover when I want the seats to show. Anyone else have any they like?
Chetzki

ettero

those are really nice seat covers! i have been on the web site and you can get them in alot of colors!
oh, what part of MD are you in?
ed

tigmaned said:
ettero

those are really nice seat covers! i have been on the web site and you can get them in alot of colors!
oh, what part of MD are you in?
ed

Thanks, I'm up in Frederick Co.

I have a set of blue and black Wet Okoles in nice shape if anyone is interested.

Chetzki said:
I saw these Okole's and the installation on a forum search. They are very nice! I don't want to spend that much. After looking at my seats again, I realize only a highly customized cover would fit and still show the form of the seat. I'll have to live with some cheaper version and uncover when I want the seats to show. Anyone else have any they like?
Chetzki

I had canvas covers... they don't really ever fit right, and the leather is so smooth they always wanted to come off. I used to bungee them under the seat to make them stay on.

If you want something that is going to look good and fit good, it is going to cost you some $$ :(

I bought a set of seat protectors from Mid America, that I am kind of dissapointed with. The fit is very loose, and it took my brother like an hour to get them on his seats. Those Okole ones look sweet. How much do those run new??

Less than $300, including shipping.

I had Okoles, they are the "only" seat covers that are any good for a Corvette.

I sold them on Ebay for $190 used, after I bought new mounted leather seats.

I sure do like the Okoles. The only issue I have with them is that they raise me up about 1/2'' because they span accross the side bolsters like a small bridge. I'm 6' tall and so now my big forhead gets blasted pretty good since it now extends past the windshield. :)

EttevroC said:
I purchased Okley's, not the ones you mentioned and they are more expensive, but I like black with red trim.

seat07.jpg

Great looking seats!!! I'd be interested to find out if the comfort of the seat changed with these on? I have an 85 that is in need of seat makeover.

Thanks.
Yes they do change the comfort of the seats, in my opinion, for the better. Because they stretch across the bolsters, they soften the deepness of the seat. This is good for me because I'm 6' tall and on the XXXL size. Unfortunately for me, it also reduces the headroom by approx 1/2''.

One thing I do not like about the Okoles is that the material loves to catch hairs and won't let go. I have two cats and a dog, and eventhough I use a lint brush, I always find my animal friends' fur stuck in the seats. I end up picking each one of them out of the seat because the vac doesn't work well enough to get them out.

I have a similar cover on my Vue that is balck and I have a dalmation and I always find her hair on them as well. I think this will be the way I go as well.

:upthumbs for the seats:Steer Now get out anf enjoy the vert!

Dalmations are one of my favorite breeds, lucky you.

I'm originally from Saratoga Springs, what part of Upstate are you located? Some day I would like to purchase some place up in Ticonderoga. Now that is great place to take a vert for a ride. :)

I live in Wilton. Small world. Yeah my Dal is great she's 14 now and slowing a little.If you're ever in the area get a hold of me and we'll take a drive. My father in law has a '64 also.

Rich

EttevroC said:
Dalmations are one of my favorite breeds, lucky you.

I'm originally from Saratoga Springs, what part of Upstate are you located? Some day I would like to purchase some place up in Ticonderoga. Now that is great place to take a vert for a ride. :)

Can't remember, but if that's wher Lake Saratoga is, it's beautiful :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom