Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Slippery clutch / brake pedals!!!

G

Gerry

Have experienced problems on rainy days with the metal pedals. When I'm wearing running shoes with Neoprene soles, and they are wet, I've occaisionally had my foot slip on the clutch pedal. Has anyone come up with a solution to increase the frictional properties on these metal pedals? According to my Chevy dealer, GM does not make a rubber pedal that fits over the standard metal pedal.

Crazy Idea

There are some Friction enhancing paints on the market, they are used on walkways and that kind of application. Maybe you could apply that on your pedals to increase the "roughness".

Short of fabbing a new set of pedal covers...this might be the way to go.

Mike

Wow, Gerry, your observation is right on target.

Nikki dropped off her 00 for some quick service work yesterday and asked the dealer the same question (does G.M. offer a rubber pedal). The dealer checked with G.M. and said there is nothing available and suggested we fabricate something.

Re: Crazy Idea

vigman said:
There are some Friction enhancing paints on the market, they are used on walkways and that kind of application. Maybe you could apply that on your pedals to increase the "roughness".

Short of fabbing a new set of pedal covers...this might be the way to go.

Mike

Nope, not a crazy idea at all - same thing crossed my mind...

I used to work for Rust-Oleum (paint company) and I know they make an aerosol spray paint with a non-slip (silica) additive. I called one of my buddies who still works there and found out that it comes in 4 colors or clear, in a 15 oz spray. You can probably find it at either a Home Depot or most definitely at a Grainger store (or online).

The item numbers are:
Clear - AS2102-838
White - AS2192-838
Black - AS2178-838
Grey - AS2185 - 838
Yellow - AS 2144-838 (in case you want to see the pedals really well :L)

Hope this helps some!
Barb :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom