Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sluggish Blower - 1975

Gannon

Corvette
1975 coupe
My 1975 that I have owned for 35 years has had a sluggish blower motor since I can't remember when. It does not come on until I have been driving for a few minutes, then operates normally. Anyone know anything about this odd symptom?

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. Moving to the C3 Tech forum...

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!!
I would check the fuse to see if its got corrosion in it.I had one like that and that ended up being the cause.
if its OK,pull the blower and check it with a car battery and see if it still does it.

I agree, check the connections for dirt, corrosion, or just loose. Applying 12 vdc with a good ground will test it.

My 1975 that I have owned for 35 years has had a sluggish blower motor since I can't remember when. It does not come on until I have been driving for a few minutes, then operates normally. Anyone know anything about this odd symptom?

Check your owners manual as I remember some heater and a/c systems that would not operate until a certain engine temp was achieved, but I cannot remember which specific vehicles these were. Good luck with it. :)

Thanks for the ideas. I guess the blower resistor could also be a problem after only 38 years. Go figger!

Usually if the resistor goes bad you will only have the higher speeds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Check the voltage at the blower. High gets full battery voltage while lower fan speeds have reduced voltage. Check your manual for the exact readings you should get. If the voltage regulator is bad you will only have high speed. Look for high resistance in the motor itself provided you are getting the correct battery voltage.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom