Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Small rocks, sand and gravel trapped between qtr panel and rocker panel

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

JMM2011

Corvette
2011 Grand Sport
I have a 2011 Grans Sport and it has small rocks and gravel lodging in the space between the quarter panel and the rocker panel on both sides of the car. Was told a Bulletin #11-08-65-001A had been issued for 2005- 2011 Corvettes. Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to stop it. The Dealer can install a shim stock to minimize it at my cost. There is also some plastic material in the rocker panel that looks like a black plastic bag...anything on this would be appreciated.

I have had the same problem with the 3 C6s that I have owned. I just put it off as one of those things in life that you learn to live with. I have mellowed quite a bit. Some things are just out of your control. I don't really find it that annoying. It only happens when I am washing the car.

:welcome

I have 2 regular C6s and don't really notice a problem with this.

I think it has to do with the vents for the rear brakes on the Z06 and the Grand Sports. The only time I noticed it on my 2005 Coupe was when I used the pressure washer.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom