Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Smart courtesy light delay timer

evariste

Corvette
1981 Silver & Dark Blue
A friend of mine has developped a smart courtesy light delay timer for me. It is a prototype printed circuit that fits in the original box.
It does every function described in the users manual, PLUS smooth on/off (about 1 sec), and a battery saving feature that cuts light off if you let you door open more than several minutes.

It is micro-processor based. Some idea of what it looks like here (sorry, it is in french) :
http://xavier.fenard.free.fr/Corvette.htm

I really appreciate the smooth on/off function. Imagine what it does when you stop the engine...

If some of you are interessed, we can have it built industrially in smal amounts.

HOW MANY CANDIDATES ?

Evariste,

How much will it cost? Also, has your friend though of also making some circuit boards for the low fuel warning light?

GerryLP said:
Evariste,
How much will it cost? Also, has your friend though of also making some circuit boards for the low fuel warning light?

The price of the smart timer will depend on the number of candidates, because we can't make less than 50 boards. we intended to price it (if possible) about the same price as the normal replacement timer on catalogs (note that it doesn't include the box, just the printed circuit).

As for the low fuel warning light, mine is out of order, and he is working on it. The problem is that making a replacement part for it implies to find the same bulb support, and I don't know if it is possible.

this is a very good mod, id definately be interested in something like this.... maybe you should make a post in the standard c3 forum? a member told me to look in the l81 section to find this, im sure there would be alot more people who would like this, but arent seeing it here....... but if you get enough people for it, sign me up!!!:cool i want one :Twist

Well, I still have'nt met my friend again this year, but I think we can have enough candidates to have some boards produced. :Twist

The next problem will be the money transfer between the US and Europe... :Silly Bud knows what I mean ... :eyerole

Stay tuned !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom