Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Snow 16" - Here We Go "Again"

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
Dateline - New England - 28 February 2005

New England weather forcast. Snow begins this afternoon, continuing through the night into mid day Tuesday March 1st. Anticipate 12" - 18" of snow north and west of Boston.

Corvette remains in winter storage. All sharp objects have been removed from my immediate work area. Medication continues to be administered.

Remo:cool

Here are the 2 cars (Remo's in front) sleeping the winter off:
sleeping1.jpg

Now if I can just figure out how to mount that snow plow on a C5 Vert ;).

:w
Guy

Same here in Philly. I can't take it anymore. I did have my vert out yesterday. It was beautiful and warm. What a difference 24 hours can make. It is so grey and raw here. My daughter was thinking of going to Boston U. I know it's a great university and beautiful campus. I told her-" THINK SUNSHINE STUPID." I can't wait for spring/summer.

Sad.

Here are the 2 cars (Remo's in front) sleeping the winter off:
sleeping1.jpg

Now if I can just figure out how to mount that snow plow on a C5 Vert ;).

What a sad picture that is :( . I can hear the poor things crying :cry ! I know mine is. I'm starting to get razzed at work because nobody has seen the 'vette since November. This has been an awful winter. Everytime our roads get cleared another storm comes in and makes everything a mess again.

Chad.

I live in the same area as BruceBed, just across the Delaware river in NJ. Had mine out yesterday for a nice ride, now it's in my parents garage all tucked away.
Hey Bruce, where did your daughter decide to go to college?? Mine is at Temple University in her freshman year. She loves it there except for when it snows. She misses the "snow days" they used to get in high school!!!

cklotzle said:
What a sad picture that is :( . I can hear the poor things crying :cry ! I know mine is. I'm starting to get razzed at work because nobody has seen the 'vette since November. This has been an awful winter. Everytime our roads get cleared another storm comes in and makes everything a mess again.

Chad.
I noticed from the pictures you have the hood unlatched. Any reason to store them that way?

gkurtz said:
I noticed from the pictures you have the hood unlatched. Any reason to store them that way?

No. The picture was taken right after hooking up the battery tenders. The hoods are down now.

Guy

I feel for you guys. I really do. :(

Dateline: Greater Denver area. We're getting a bit of a respite from the winter. Temps for the last few days have been in the low 50's, with clear to partly cloudly skies. Yes, I've been taking full advantage of it, and driving the Z06, only because I know what's coming. March and April are our snowiest months of the year. I'm getting while the getting's good.

-Patrick

The only problem with winter storage in my basement was getting the cars down the stairs. ;LOL

Guy

I really do feel for you right coaster's because if I miss a day going for a ride even with the top up, I start getting ugly. It has been in the high 60's low 70's this week which makes the left coast great for Vette's even with an occasional shaker.
:D:w:w:beer

Winter Blues

As I read these posts from the northeast, I had flashbacks to my living in Maine for most of my life. It was great to look forward to the winter season with all the many outdoor activities such as skiing and ice fishing, ect; but as one gets along in years and outdoor activities change, it sure is nice to be outside with temps. in the 70's in January. Mind you now, I am not rubbing it in, but the forecast calls for "top down" weather today and tomorrow in the land of sun and fun. Now if we could just prevent those darn hurricanes. Enjoy your winter, spring will be here before you know it. Ayuh!

Ron

Hi to all - just wanted to put my .02 in about snow. I've lived in RI all my life and I hate snow. I've had vettes most of my life and I hate snow. Had a 67 (someone stole it), had a 74 (sold it to buy a house), bought a 91 and kept it for 4 years, had a 99 coupe (sold it for a 01 Z06 (had engine problems - swore off vettes - bought an 02 M3), sold the M3 and went back to 03 vert. When will it end? I love driving my cars but I hate being limited by the snow. Mine is sitting in the garage covered up for the winter. This has not been a good winter. I think it's almost time to pack it up and head south. Spring can't come soon enough for me!!! It's about to snow again and I'm not happy. And we're not even getting as much as Remo.

This is my first winter as a 'vette owner. I never liked winter to begin with and I have wanted to move to Florida for a while, but it is really killing me this year. Hopefully just a couple more years!

Ron, Clermont is very nice. I just bought a couple of cases of wine at Lakeridge when I was down there in December. You are lucky to have the sunshine :upthumbs !

Chad

ron said:
As I read these posts from the northeast, I had flashbacks to my living in Maine for most of my life. .....
Ron

Ron,

I'm just the opposite, grew up in Melboune/Palm Bay and love the 4 seasons, however, it would be nice to limit winter to a few weeks ;). The snow is what I get for sitting in Kissimmee with Nut & JRMaroon last month laughing at the Weather Channel as one of the bigger NE snow storms canceled all the flights ;LOL.

Guy

cklotzle said:
This is my first winter as a 'vette owner. I never liked winter to begin with and I have wanted to move to Florida for a while, but it is really killing me this year. Hopefully just a couple more years!

Ron, Clermont is very nice. I just bought a couple of cases of wine at Lakeridge when I was down there in December. You are lucky to have the sunshine :upthumbs !

Chad

Chad,
I Don't like to hear about your moving to Florida ideas. Talk like that will get you kicked out of the "West Townsend Corvette Association". It is after all a very elite organization. First, you have to live in "West" Townsend (population maybe 1,100 people). Second, you have to own a silver C5 Corvette. And third you have to be an engineer. Given that it's so difficult to meet all the criteria - you need to think long and hard about leaving.

Remo:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom