Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Snow Sucks

I didnt even mix the gas for my blower this year.......didnt get much more than a few inchs at a time...bitter cold is miserable but not getting much snow makes it easier to take i guess.
:cool

Chas

we have about an inch here in West Unity, and me trying to piece together a vert top.;LOL

Drove mine today after waxing it in the garage this morning. Even smoked a smart aleck new mustang. He never knew what hit him.

Cool beans Curtis. Keep'em Smokin. Suppose to be about 50 on Sunday. That will be a good thing. Dave :boogie

:w

I don't know if anyone will see this post,but you people are a bunch of jokers. In January of this year Watertown, NY and the surronding area had 14 feet of snow from one storm. The army core of engineers had to go in and help. How would you like to be down stream of that this spring.

rickrendo, i don't think any of us are a bunch of JOKERS. If you don't like us . GO AWAY. Dave :boogie
:w

I don't know if anyone will see this post,but you people are a bunch of jokers. In January of this year Watertown, NY and the surronding area had 14 feet of snow from one storm. The army core of engineers had to go in and help. How would you like to be down stream of that this spring.

I am downstream from you via the Mohawk and Hudson rivers...at the rate this weather is going we'll have to wait till July for the spring floods!!!!!:boogie:boogie

Last week in Keweenaw County Michigan. ( April 5 ) They had 60 inches in one storm. That will be wet up there for awhile also. My wife and i lived up there, till we came down to Higgins Lake just get away from the heavy snow. The first year we lived there we had 363 inches. The record snowfall in that area is 390 inches for a season. Glad we moved down here, not quite so bad. :w Dave

:bar

Welcome to CAC , I'll bet if it ever melts it will raise the level of the Deleware a bit!!;LOL

Hi bossvette. How difficult was the vert top project?? Going to put a new top on my 74 vert. Any good tips ? Dave:w

:boogie :boogie :boogie

I wasn't trying to offend anyone only said jokers because you were joking about the trivial amounts of snow and what ever you had. We will be lucky to get out by the 4th of July. Sorry.

Hi rickrendo. No problem , Maybe i jumped the gun alittle. I must be getting crabbie in my old age ( teehee ). Bet your right though, you will be luckey to get your car out by July 4th. Dave:w

:beer

Hi bossvette. How difficult was the vert top project?? Going to put a new top on my 74 vert. Any good tips ? Dave:w

:boogie :boogie :boogie
since I started with nothing it is like doing a puzzle I have a video from Al Knoch but that is done with one of his tops and mine is one I bought off Ebay for $135 the quality looks good but where it attaches to the rear bow is different.
the tack strips on my 3rd bow are twice as thick as the ones in the kit from paragon so Monday AM I will speak to their resident expert I do not know what year top frame I have. Since you know what you have it should not be as much trouble as mine. I did two vert tops back in my younger days and don't remember them being that difficult of course that was back before the NCRS stuff ;LOL
BTW I am doing it so I can drive the car more often with the top down, it will not be NCRS correct. :boogie
Craig sr
:reddevil

Thnx for the come back bossvette. Sounds like a project for a rainy weekend . Good Luck. hope it works out good for ya. Dave :w

:beer

You guys from NY should be good will ambassadors cause you made all the rest of us glad we aren't where you are.;LOL

Seriously though, I've been through winters like you've had and it's depressing to say the least. I think what's bad about this snowstorm that's coming is the fact we've had a week of 70s and all the snow has been gone for a month. Now it's trying to come back. It means more salt on the roads, so the vette can't come out for driving. It sucks here, but it sucks where you are more. Hope you guys at least have a hot, dry summer for driving. :beer

This summer can't be any worse than the last can it? I don't even get to see my ZR-1 because it's in a garage in Schenectady, NY. Do hope to have it out by the last of April or early May. Please, if anyone is getting snow from this new storm, keep it there.

Can we call this weather... Global Warming;shrug

[Albert Gore]
"..... I invented global-warming!!!!!"
[/Albert Gore]
:eek:hnoes ;squint: :W

This summer can't be any worse than the last can it? I don't even get to see my ZR-1 because it's in a garage in Schenectady, NY. Do hope to have it out by the last of April or early May. Please, if anyone is getting snow from this new storm, keep it there.
Snizzle all day, but no accumulations. The puddles are getting big, but no ground cover. This should wash all the salt away for good!:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom