Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

So I put my deposit down for a C7, now what color choice?

Silver with the machine finish wheels!

I'd guess you'd have to know someone pretty far up the food chain at GM to have a shot at a factory primer C7. Even then it might not happen.

I'd guess you'd have to know someone pretty far up the food chain at GM to have a shot at a factory primer C7. Even then it might not happen.

Never heard of primer being delivered at the consumer level. Possibly a race team with no warranty.

Never heard of primer being delivered at the consumer level. Possibly a race team with no warranty.

My point, exactly.;)

I've often wondered if you could order one in primer.
Here is the answer from Harlan Charles, Corvette Product & Marketing Manager at GM-Chevrolet:

No paint is included on every Corvette. I would suggest white or silver if they want to modify later.

Harlan

Based upon his response, I would say that the final answer is "No." :)

I found the Nite Race blue to be dull from far away, I like yellow, but I think it will be black.
Any suggestions?

Your money, your car, your choice....and 99 times out of 100, stick with YOUR first choice. This is the main problem with ordering any new generation car before seeing them in person first, especially with this C7 and all the black plastic vents and chrome bling.

Too bad GM won't take a page out of the Lamborghini or Lotus or even Ford Mustang product catalogs - these cars would look outstanding in some of the bright oranges, greens, etc...IMHO.

But, since you asked, my choice would be the dark gray metallic (to hide the vents and a touch easier to maintain than black) with ebony interior. Then remove as much of the chrome doo-dads as possible.

Good luck!!!

Last edited:
I found the Nite Race blue to be dull from far away, I like yellow, but I think it will be black.
Any suggestions?

Cyber Gray with the Brownstone interior is the classiest I have ever seen on any car--let alone a Vette ;-]

Cyber Gray with the Brownstone interior is the classiest I have ever seen on any car--let alone a Vette ;-]

:( Saw the picture of the C7 convertible in this combo with the matching Browstone (brown) top in the mags and "classy" it isn't...IMHO. Guess you need to see it in person. :ugh

Too bad GM won't take a page out of the Lamborghini or Lotus or even Ford Mustang product catalogs - these cars would look outstanding in some of the bright oranges, greens, etc...IMHO.

I totally agree. This car can especially handle it - new design - some new paint options would have been appropriate. I am frankly surprised they didn't offer it in that pretty orange they had previously.

Rob - thanks for that answer. I know many years ago you could order cars in primer but it makes sense why they would remove that option now, especially considering how soon they are painted now in the production process. It didn't used to be that way. When I toured the Bowling Green plant last summer (AWESOME EXPERIENCE BTW) it was amazing to see how these cars are put together. I was even lucky enough to be chosen in our group to get in and start one! See attached pic!

Attachments

• Dawn Starting Vette.jpg
    Dawn Starting Vette.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 100
Available Colours are insufficien to the Design, which is spectacular; but one exception stands out.

Dear Friend,

Colour really is everything for such a cherished possession as the excellent C7 Corvette. This design is so bold, beautiful, very original, and well executed, it needs its own genre of metallic only, deep and style brightening finishes. Natural tones with a rich sparkle are what I envision. I cannot imagine this Corvette in the typical bright red, and certainly not in Silver or Grey, though I will own Cyber Grey is a well conceived colour. Black for all of its intrigue just tends to hide the lines and shape of the car. On the whole I feel the GM colorists need to go back and re-imagine a unique finish effect for this car, and draw on the timeless and enchanting tones of nature for authentic hues. Of the available colours the one that captures the striking beauty of the C7 is Lime Rock Green. It will really catch the eye and bringattention to this new and refreshing revolution and great advancement of the Corvette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom