Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

So I want to lower my vette a tad...

J

joes74

...what products are out there? I know there are coils up front, but what about the leafs in the back? :beer

And you can cut a coil off the front spring to lower the front.
"old school" method!

Otherwise, you can install airbag suspension to raise/lower your car.

Bolts for the back as mentioned above. If really just a tad, you might be able to use what you have already.

For your front:

Is your car an A/C car?
If yes, is the system still in, or has it been yanked? The reason I ask is that compressor adds some pounds to the front end lowering it.

When I replaced my intake on my old BB from cast iron to Aluminum, my front end picked up almost an inch!!! Weight above the axle is a crucial piece of the puzzle.

Otherwise, I would check VBP for a spring kit on the front. I would advise against cutting your springs as they need to be cut exactly in the same spot. Since they are old, they may have settled somewhat... you'll never be able to get them lined up right. Do yourself the favor and find a kit, or buy new stock ones and cut those!

Its mainly the rear I want to lower, so where to do I get these bolts, and how long do they have to be to lower about 1-2 inches. I just want to get rid of the raked look.

Its mainly the rear I want to lower, so where to do I get these bolts, and how long do they have to be to lower about 1-2 inches. I just want to get rid of the raked look.

www.mamotorworks.com

Rubber bushing kit with long bolts:

PN 602-850

Urethane bushing kit with long bolts:

PN 602-852

They are available lots of places... as mentioned above, just make sure they are grade 8. You should replace all the bushings & washers connected to the bolts along with the bolts themselves.

Be sure to check the clearance between the end of the spring and the tire sidewall when car is back on the ground and settled.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom