Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Someone get me a TOWEL!!!!

He must have put one to many zero's in, lets hope it was by mistake.

Well...a couple of things come to mind...

Scam/fake...everyone is being kept a big secret...it has a reserve so it can no-sale.

Or...have you watched the B-J auctions lately...several gloating gazillionaires who have more money than brains...bidding just to boast that they outbid the competition...

Actually, EBAY does not disclose the names of the bidders on Autos anymore. I just sold my Tahoe on Ebay and I could see them if I was logged on but no one else could. They are revamping their privacy issues.

An original 69 L88 Conv........ehh......$200-225K maybe..??? I dunno someone else Im sure will chime in........

Nice! I wonderif the NCRS can verify this car if it truly has the awards.

HOLY MOLY! :eek

I noticed the seller is located in MS. And he's an Ole Miss fan too - that's the University of MS former mascot painted on the garage floor.

That's a lot of bucks! Even for a '69 L88. And I just noticed the bidding is in $15,000 increments.

:w Jane Ann

b1c3_3.JPG

Nice! I wonderif the NCRS can verify this car if it truly has the awards.

Not a problem, all records are on file with Roy Sinor and are available to interested parties.

Having said that, an NCRS certificate is not worth much in the way of 'proof' after the car has left the judging field. Who knows which parts have been removed or swapped since that last judging event? Bowtie/Flight certificates are an 'as-is where-is' kind of deal. They are also NOT a certificate of authenticity, a perfect clone scores the same as a genuine car!

Thats is one hell of a car. If I had that kind of money, id buy one! But I don't so ill just drool..... My dream vette is a 68 or 69 Thunder 88 coupe.
zachh

If its a true L-88 ist worth every penny. In 1969 GM only produced 116 L-88's and probably only half are left. Watch Barrett Jackson this month and see what one goes for since 1 out of 10 cars are a Corvette. The 69 ZL-1 that only two of were built are worth about $2 millon. This Corvette seems to be well documented.

Holy Moly.. :eek

Makes me wonder whats under the cover behind it.. White Walls? mmmhhhh

Bidding is now up tp $415,100 with 21 bids, and the reserve is still not met.... I think I'm gonna hurl !!!! :puke

I think I will hurl with you, :puke The prices are getting beyond ridiculous. I will even admit that if one is the seller, they probably really enjoy it, but, for the more average user the multimillionares and billionaires are super inflating the market.

I'm gonna forward that link to my Dad! He bought my '69 new, I constantly remind him TO STOP BUYING STRIPPED CARS!

If I put $400,000 in my passenger seat my car wouldn't bring $415,000!

LOL

That's insane money. That's a gorgeous car but that costs more than most homes. I'd like to test drive it . If you need me, e-mail me. Sorry, can't help you with the check.

That's no mistake. Take a look at the Pro-Team '68-'72 page to see what the L88's are going for - 'course this one makes Pro-Teams pricing look good, which is EXTREMELY hard to do!

I see Vette Vues mentioned. I remember the 2 or 3 issue article they did back around '80 on L88's. This one was pictured on the cover. Now, if I can only remember where those magazines are stashed???
JU

All I have to do is find @ 500,000 people that will give me a dollar and the car is mine for free!!! These numbers are incredible!!!! Would anybody like to buy the lower level to the Brooklyn Bridge???? For a limited time I will throw in some free ocean front property in Las Vegas if you buy the bridge!!! Some people have way to much money!!!

The price is reasonable. Here's what $640,000 (including auction fees) looks like. In today's market, it would go for a lot more.

47v4ajt.jpg

1967 L-88 with 12 original miles on it. :eek Not 12 thousand. Not 12 hundred. Just 12.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom