Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Spark Plug Wires: Whats the best to use?

XtremeVette

Corvette
2002 C5 Coupe
I have tried the Taylors and I haven't had too good of luck.

My sunbird, vette, and brothers firebird all used them and all experienced the same things. After 6 months to 1 yr later, wires fouled, broke, or produced arching.

So what do you guys recommend. I would like to stay 8mm or bigger and prefer a red wire if at all possible.

jeff

The two brands I sell and recommend are:

#1 - MSD Super Conductors..8.5MM. You'll need different looms to fit them, but they're the best wire you can buy. Available in red and black.

#2 - Moroso Blue Max spiral core wire, 8MM, fit most wire looms and they're available in red (and blue, black, yellow).

These are the two brands I swear by. I've tried a lot of different plug wires, both on my own personal ride, and on friends, customers, etc. As far as Taylor wires are concerned...I avoid those like the plague.

I have the above mentioned parts in stock, btw....shoot me a PM if you're interested.

http://www.magnecor.com

Check out this site. EVERYTHING you always wanted to know about ignition wires, but were afraid to ask.

You will learn how wires fail. You will learn ignition wires are one of the most misunderstood parts on an engine. These guys are the best in the business.

Then call Lingenfelter in Decatur, Indiana. Order your new set from them. Lingenfelter is a Magnecor distributor and their customer service is second to none. Ask me how I know!

They are available in RED!

SAVE THE WAVE! :w

I used GM wires because I like to see original as much as possible.Mine have been on for 1 1/2 yrs and doing good. I figure the original GM wires lasted 70k and 14 yrs so I put those back on.

Glenn
:w

I just replaced mine with Accel red wires. Seem to be doing just hunky dorie........

I used GM wires because I like to see original as much as possible.Mine have been on for 1 1/2 yrs and doing good. I figure the original GM wires lasted 70k and 14 yrs so I put those back on.

Glenn
:w

:thumb I agree stay with GM ignition parts. I re did mine 4 years ago, all is well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom