Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Spark Plugs Replaced on 2008 at 67K miles

18DFW08

Corvette
2008 C6 Base Velocity Yellow
So, since getting this car we have been doing a bunch of little things to her...'Halle' my Wife has named her...it's her car so no big deal!
I replaced the spark plugs this weekend and the plugs that came out had oil on the threads but looked like all firing fine. The irridium tip shows erosion compared to new, but the car was running fine as far as I could tell. Idle was a little rough, but nothing to worry about as far this novice was concerned. I just wanted to show the difference in these plugs at that mileage compared to new. The idea that you can go 100K miles on these plugs...in my mind... I don't want to go that long. So call me crazy or call me anal...not a problem for me to replace these plugs 25K miles before recommended replacement. So just take a look the pics and feel free to share your thoughts. I feel good about replacing the plugs and do not consider it a waste of time or $$$ at all. Just an FYI, it does feel smoother at idle with the new plugs in though.
Spark Plug Compare.jpgSpark Plug Compare 2.jpg

Well, they will call me crazy or anal as well. I've got 52k on mine and changing plugs and wires is on the list for the near future for 007.

I wouldn't let any vehicle I own go 100-105K between spark plug changes for many different reasons.

You did right, no money or time wasted.

So, since getting this car we have been doing a bunch of little things to her...'Halle' my Wife has named her...it's her car so no big deal!
I replaced the spark plugs this weekend and the plugs that came out had oil on the threads but looked like all firing fine. The irridium tip shows erosion compared to new, but the car was running fine as far as I could tell. Idle was a little rough, but nothing to worry about as far this novice was concerned. I just wanted to show the difference in these plugs at that mileage compared to new. The idea that you can go 100K miles on these plugs...in my mind... I don't want to go that long. So call me crazy or call me anal...not a problem for me to replace these plugs 25K miles before recommended replacement. So just take a look the pics and feel free to share your thoughts. I feel good about replacing the plugs and do not consider it a waste of time or $$$ at all. Just an FYI, it does feel smoother at idle with the new plugs in though.
View attachment 25731View attachment 25730
Looks like a different model plug. Did you change heat ranges?

Looks like a different model plug. Did you change heat ranges?

I believe ACDelco 41-985 and the ACDelco 41-110 are the Same Plug. G.M. Changed the Part Number to the ACDelco 41-110 so I should be safe.

Thanks for noticing.

View attachment 25731View attachment 25730

I ordered and replaced my plugs and wires on 007 since my last post in this thread. My plugs at 52k looked very much like your plugs. They all appeared to be burning cleanly, but the tips were all much shorter than the new plugs. Heck, if I had taken a picture of my plugs and the new ones, it would have looked almost identical to yours. Mine too, has smoothed out at idle. I've put about 200 miles on it since the change.....glad I did this swap.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom