Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Speaking of winter projects.........

will it play mp3's :L

keep juke box original, it's great playing the old music and having the kids ask how does it work, because most of them have never seen 45's, I am going to attemp to put in a new car stereo and speakers nothing fancy as we get older our hearing goes and we just need noise not perfect sound.;LOL Just listen to "Rush" now a days and CCR

67HEAVEN said:
Aside from the finishing touches on ol' 67HEAVEN to complete this winter, I picked up my next restoration project today...........
Home-02-600.jpg

Shouldn't every Corvette garage have one? :D
Hi Bob,

I didn't know that you were going to get it today. You should have called me, we could have used my Avalanche to pick it up.

It will be cool when you are done with it.

To everyone: This is a great start. So far with the posts on this thread, there should be lots of great projects that folks are involved with this year. As long as everyone keeps posting pics of what they are up to, we are assured an entertaining winter season. That should help us forget the winter:D

ps: VNV don't worry, if you stop coming in here to this forum we will send you ideas by e-mail or have a cruise to your house to keep you spending on your project:L You can't get away from it.....it is in your blood now. You have officially contracted "Whileiamatis";LOL

Take care,
Brian

Fuelie said:
Hi Bob,

I didn't know that you were going to get it today. You should have called me, we could have used my Avalanche to pick it up.
Yeah, I should have. You don't know how hard it was squeezing it into the passenger seat of ol' Heaven. ;LOL

After your yoeman duty yesterday, I didn't want to put you on the spot again so soon.

P.S. I found out that there really is a mph limiter on the Tahoe. It was a great day for cruising and when an amazing looking custom 2005 Silverado Big-Dually crew-cab tow-truck started using me to run radar, I decided to say, "Bye-bye." :w Zoom-zoom.

Fuelie said:
... if you stop coming in here to this forum
Brian, would you like this thread moved to the garage forum, or the Off Road Lounge perhaps? It's up to you, you're the originator. :CAC

Fuelie said:
What is everyone planning to do to or with their cars over the coming winter?
Since you asked...

Monday nite........mounted my new redlines on my new ralleys.
Tuesday.............had them balanced.
Wednesday nite...put them on my '66.
Thursday nite......put the '66 on dollys and push her into the corner til spring.
Friday nite..........did a headlight alignment on the '59.
Saturday night....on the '59, removed hood, rad, generator, distributer, carb.
Sunday, today....put the '59 on stands and pulled the engine.
Tonight..............making a list of what needs to be ordered from C Central.

Next week....I don't want to think about it.

Well, you guys have either inspired me or sent me on the path to ruination. I'm gonna do a front to rear assessment of the 67 and try to go Top Flight.

Before you all start screaming, "NCRS weenie!" I just gotta remind you that somebody has to keep at least a few of these cars in right-off-the-showroom-floor condition so people will know what they were really like from the General.
Also, I have no plans for this car to be a "Trailer Queen" I will drive her to shows and such. My plan would be to take her to the Fall Skyline Cruise.
Even thinking about a magazine article/series called: "So You Wanna Go Top Flight?"

Go for it. I'm looking the '81 over this winter and tending to a few thing. I want to do at least one chapter meet next year and then the Indiana Regional in '06.

Tom

ZRGator said:
Well, you guys have either inspired me or sent me on the path to ruination. I'm gonna do a front to rear assessment of the 67 and try to go Top Flight.

Before you all start screaming, "NCRS weenie!"
NOPE No name calling here,there is actualy a lot of active N.C.R.S members here in this section,who have allready flighted. We actually have some top level Judges in here also.

Good Luck

maxphunn said:
Since you asked...

Monday nite........mounted my new redlines on my new ralleys.
Tuesday.............had them balanced.
Wednesday nite...put them on my '66.
Whose redline tires did you buy? :)

ps: VNV don't worry, if you stop coming in here to this forum we will send you ideas by e-mail or have a cruise to your house to keep you spending on your project:L You can't get away from it.....it is in your blood now. You have officially contracted "Whileiamatis";LOL
Take care,
Brian
Yeah...I know...I'v had them ever since my first Vett. When I'v replaced something on the Vett or the Thunderchicken I always end up replacing
the stuff in and around the item in question. And sometimes like on the Thunderchicken I'v replaced the same item 4 times in one year. ...Like the driverside power window motor... and did 2 windshield washer switches.

But since I'm in no rush to get the 65 done..I won't be feeling any pressure untill the weather starts to get warm.

As far as cruzen to my house to help spend money goes.....I don't need any help with that...I can spend like crazy..just put a LIC Catalog in front of me.

But I think that would make for a nice trip for you and Heaven...Just think ..A cruz down to "JOISEY"...!!!! Let's see......Heavens gas Bill to JOISEY....$600.00....And Yours $400.00....But plenty of smiles on the way down...;)

JohnZ said:
Whose redline tires did you buy? :)
They are from Diamondback John. They're Firestone Supremes are made in the USA
and are supposed to be better consistant quality than the made in Mexico competitors tires (based on hear-say). Won't get a chance to drive on them til next year though. I know they weren't available in '66, but I love the look with ralleys on a silver midyear.

Viet Nam Vett said:
But I think that would make for a nice trip for you and Heaven...Just think ..A cruz down to "JOISEY"...!!!! Let's see......Heavens gas Bill to JOISEY....$600.00....And Yours $400.00....But plenty of smiles on the way down...;)

Since I'm only about 1 1/2 or 2 hours away from you, if Bob drives Heaven down I'm showing up too so i can finally get a look at that awesome '67 red bomb in person!

BarryK said:
Since I'm only about 1 1/2 or 2 hours away from you, if Bob drives Heaven down I'm showing up too so i can finally get a look at that awesome '67 red bomb in person!
Hmmmm,

I do have a good friend in CT who's insisting I drive down next summer. ;)

67HEAVEN said:
Hmmmm,

I do have a good friend in CT who's insisting I drive down next summer. ;)

Hell Bob, if nothing else, you HAVE to bring Heaven to next summer's Carlisle

Fuelie said:
I dropped in on Fuelie today to see his handiwork.

After he welded up that neat transmission rack he bolted it to the wall. The small blue brace on each transmission mount is notched for the rack and bolts up under the mount position. Too :cool

67HEAVEN said:
ZRGator,

Go get 'em!

Fuelie is Chairman of N.C.R.S. - Ontario, but we don't hold that against him. :D
Hey! Be nice to all of us NCRS Chairmen - we're severely under-appreciated! :D

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom