Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Speaking of winter projects.........

maxphunn said:
They are from Diamondback John. They're Firestone Supremes are made in the USA
and are supposed to be better consistant quality than the made in Mexico competitors tires (based on hear-say). Won't get a chance to drive on them til next year though. I know they weren't available in '66, but I love the look with ralleys on a silver midyear.
Thanks - I'm thinking of having them do a set for me too, to replace the Coker redlines I have now; just looking for feedback on the Diamondback Firestones.

:beer

John,

I got my DB's at spring Carlilse there first on so far only trip there, really liked them compared to the Coker's. And they performed well during the Corvette parade also.

Tom M

Winter plans for the ugliest camaro on earth!

now that my 64 is painted (September) and interior is back in (November) I have been driving it for the past few weeks. Now in storage :cry

My winter project began when my gilfriend decided her Camaro didn't match her purse and bought a TransAm.

I bought her Camaro (the ugliest 95 teal green piece I have seen), I am going to pull the 3.4 out and use it as god had intended (bookends) and put in a 4.3 liter turbo. Yes a big V8 would be much cheaper, easier, and better sounding but I want to be different for once!

I have recently acquired a Garrett GT42 turbo, and some 85lb/hr injectors.
I will be buying FAST engine management soon, along with a TH700R4, intercooler etc..

My main obstacle will be making the exhaust headers, don't exactly know how I am going to do that yet, though I am sure I will be buying a TIG welder soon.

Ohh Lets see... where to start???

-Fix or replaced broken fiberglass on T-top (Pass side)
-Replace oil pressure sending unit, line and gague
-Take apart doors, clean and paint hardware, replace door locks and outside handles
-POR-15 my rear suspension and chasis
-polish my chrome hookers and headers
-fix my headlights (they go up now, but then lock in that position. have to pull them up by hand to unlock them, then the vaccum pulls them closed.
-replace all the screws for my interior trim.
-Replace my oil drain plug (i know.. difficult).
-Change rear end fluid and add reatment.
-fix or replace my winsheild wiper motor and or switch (not sure what the prob is).
-Oh, and also get my radio working again... not that I can hear it, but it's nice to have music while in the local cruise in lot.

-start the girl every two weeks and listen to her rumble like a MOFO!!!!

Viet Nam Vett said:
Oh.......Nothing Much...

Just rip the body of and tare the complete frame down and rebuild the front end and add biggy yokes to the rear diff ..put in a 502 and fab an exhaust system from the headers to the Sweet Thunder straight pipes...

I gotta stay off this froum.....You guys are costing me money..!!!!

Especially...Rich Laggse......... :crazy
Mark, glad to be of help in keeping the economy humming. :D I knew those funds were just burning a hole in your pocket........:L

Rich Lagasse

I plan to finish detailing my garage walls and ceiling in a racing motif this winter so I can put down a nice racing deck in the spring. The picture to the left is my last garage. As for the 65, I never have any trouble finding small projects to do. By next winter I hope to do a frame off refurbish, so I try to refurbish different systems ahead of time so that the frame off will go faster.

Winter Projects Barn Update:

MVC-884F.JPG

Even though winter is not officially here, you can tell by the snow that it is cold here in Western NY. I hope to have all the roof boards on by the end of the day. Update at 6:00 PM.

MVC-884F.JPG

That's going to be a nice shop. I hope you get it closed up before it gets real nasty out.

Winter Project

Barn update: The old man is going to bed early tonight!! Two long hard days.

MVC-886F.JPG
Barn

Winter Project

North View:

MVC-889F.JPG

Winter Project

IH2LOSE

I had the framework up. My son came home this weekend to give his dad the needed help to get the sides and roof boards installed. The original section of the bar has an oil furnace and is well insulated. It only takes a few minutes and is very comfortable to work in. With the price of fuel oil, $1.95 per gallon last load, I think I will only heat the shop when I plan on working on the Corvettes.

Ray

Started last weekend (winter has already set in):

Body mounts
Brake lines
Trailing and control arm bushings, camber struts, ujoints (already done)

next
rip apart doors and replace regulators, window seals, realign doors and glass

ammeter, steering column bearings

replace most of worn out clutch linkage

A bunch of misc. small items to get closer to original

bumper bolts and brackets refinish

horns

Surprises already discovered:
Large hole with a poor patch above u joint where diff bracket broke apart (welded back up with additional support, patched hole) this was a surprise because a previous owner had made a speaker holder where the hatch cover is and I had never opened it.

bracket at LR cross piece above diff nearly seperated from frame (welded back up)

Original motor appears to be NOM (see seperate thread), good thing I did not pay "stupid money" for this thing

isn't this a wonderful hobby?

John
Milwaukee
(C2 is still the coolest car ever built, just don't look too closely at this one!)

my project

I'm going to replace all the carpet and insulate the floor in my 81 in the manner BobChad did to his 77. This is our first winter in our new home with a heated garage. I'm looking forward to having a nice warm place to do winter projects on my car!

Winter Project

Barn Update;

I almost have the Corvette barn enclosed for the winter! Hope to move the garage doors this week.

MVC-036F.JPG

61 Silver said:
Barn Update;

I almost have the Corvette barn enclosed for the winter! Hope to move the garage doors this week.

MVC-036F.JPG
Boy thank goodness I cant have one of those.I dont think I would ever go back in the house.

Looks like the perfect spot for an over sized pellet stove.I just installed one in a garage for a customers husband as a christmas gift and it was toasty by the time I had my tools packed back up.Alot of maintnece but a real easy installation.

Barn update

Just a quick picture update:

MVC-013F.JPG

So... What else is on the menu? The barn is looking good.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom