Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Spec on Fog light/trunk release switch.......

Bluemill

Corvette
2000 Navy targa
First night driving my car home from work after the time change and I notice 2 dash bulbs out. The Climate control again... only did about 2 years ago, and the one that illuminates the fog light/trunk release switch. The latter is easy to pull, did, and found a neo wedge bulb, with a blue rubbery coating on it, a size T4, with a 10 mm base, and it's 12 mm high.

I found a readily obtainable Honda T4 bulb, but it's dimmer, so it must be a higher voltage. What's the best course of action on this?

The Chevy dealer had no part available. My car is a 2000.

Best,

Bluemill
:beer

First night driving my car home from work after the time change and I notice 2 dash bulbs out. The Climate control again... only did about 2 years ago, and the one that illuminates the fog light/trunk release switch. The latter is easy to pull, did, and found a neo wedge bulb, with a blue rubbery coating on it, a size T4, with a 10 mm base, and it's 12 mm high.

I found a readily obtainable Honda T4 bulb, but it's dimmer, so it must be a higher voltage. What's the best course of action on this?

The Chevy dealer had no part available. My car is a 2000.

Best,

Bluemill
:beer

The voltage is the same, but the wattage could be different.

I just replaced my traction control switch bulbs with Honda part number 79673-S84-A42 and they illuminate just as good (better actually) as the old bulbs. Are your Honda bulbs the same number as the ones I used?

What I got was a 79505-SNAA01.

LL,

First I put it in "naked," but because it looked so yellow compared to the other instrument lights, I pulled it and scraped off the blue coating from the stock bulb, and put a little model glue on it to keep it in place. It still looks yellow. A T4 neo wedge has a 10 mm diameter base. The 790505 had that but it was a bit taller, like 14 mm. I think you are right about the wattage, but what's right? I'll try the number you suggested tonight.

Best always,

Bluemill

I have a Radio Shack number at home which will be the same brightness and not too yellow or contact TSTAR on the Corvette Forum. I know you are a member there. I bought a number of OEM bulbs with the bases from him in the past. They all had the blue coating. He does a lot of LED conversions. I tested every one I got from him and they were all perfect.

Did you try LED's

I'm kind of disappointed that the bulbs on the climate control have cooked already- I really think I did all 16 bulbs like 2 years ago, and they are popping this soon?

Maybe the LED's are the way to go.

Thanks Dad!

I'm kind of disappointed that the bulbs on the climate control have cooked already- I really think I did all 16 bulbs like 2 years ago, and they are popping this soon?

Maybe the LED's are the way to go.

Thanks Dad!

LED's are the way to go for heat and long life, but the type of light output is different. If you do just one switch or climate control, the rest of the background lighting for the other controls will look different, so if you do LED's you may want to be prepared to do all your background lighting with the same bulbs. I like LED's myself, but mixing and matching them with incandescent bulbs can sometimes give an odd effect. Good luck with it. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom