Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Spedo & lockup conv.

Ethan

Corvette
1991 L98 Coupe
Does anyone have a diagram showing what color wires go to which pin on the lockup converter plug. When the car is not running I can manualy turn the vss out of the tranny and get a speed reading but running and going down the road no reading.Im thinking maybe the wires are crossed somehow in the converter plug and the wrong signal is going to the wrong place.Seems to me the vss goes through the lockup converter and the to the spedo?Oh and looks like the gear is good in the tranny and contacting the vss.

Bit's of info

The VSS colors are yellow & purple to pins D-12 ( yellow) Speed Input
D 1 ( Purple ) sensor gnd

On the ECM

The torque Converter clutch control

Is Tan /Black
B-2 on ECM Pin D on the tranny soloniod coil.

B-14 on ECM Light Blue Pin B
4th gear signal to ECM

B-19 on ECM Dk Grn Pin C
3 rd gear signalto ECM

B-20 on ECM White Pin E
2nd gear signal to ECM

Pin A is 12 volts VIA brake switch
SO if you apply brake you should unlock

Hope this helps 1993 info

More info

So you have a 5 pin connector that controls the "lockup function" or TCC solenoid. and you have the 2 pin VSS shaft encoder.

The TCC & VSS are seperate circuts.

So if you spin the VSS and get a reading on the speedo.... that kinda excludes the wiring.

It might be the gear on the tranny internal shaft which is broke. or am I missing something?

If you get the rear end of the car in the air.
Pull the VSS turn the tail shaft, can you look in in the VSS hole and see the tail shaft gear move?

That gear is replaceable and has a cheepo clip holdin it in.

Vig!

When I had my tranny overhauled. I had the lock up dis connected.
Who needs it anyway.

reply to vigman

Ok Heres the deal. The spedo never worked since I bought the car. Heres the kicker I just now fixed spedo. Bought new vss sensor and installed looked exactly the same as old one. Finally after taking it out numerous times and reinstalling was studying it drinking a cold Bud and relaxing after a hard day of wrenching I noticed it has a offset! Whalaa! The old one was installed wrong to . So heres what ya got to do it comes with bracket installed from GM but its on the wrong side flip it 180 degrees this puts the offset up against the gear. The converter plug only has three wires still need to figure this one out to.I dont think the wires are in the plug correct Thanks very much for input.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom