Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Speedometer Bezel Replacement

Toy4Hal

Corvette
62 Maroon, 03 Anniversary Convertible
I see where the speedometer bezel on my 62 is held in place with 2 screws. If I remove these screws, will the bezel "tilt" forward and slide out the top of the lower guage housing :) or do I need to remove the lower guage housing to replace this part? :confused I'm looking for the easy way to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Ken, can you tell me how the slotted tab plays into this? I don't see anything on the bezel that would relate. Do you know the answer to my base question above?
Thanks. Hal

yb.dll

I'm pretty sure the whole speedo unit has to come out to replace the chrome bezel as there are 4 screws fastened to the back side of the bezel that mount it to the speedo housing. Those two screw tabs on the front at the bottom mount to the top half of the cluster housing. I don't know how you would ever get those four screws out without removing the whole cluster unit.

Interesting. I had the whole unit old and apart last year. I could have swore that those 4 screws holes in the bezel simply held the speedo plastic face to the bezel. Of course, that's why I'm asking the question. My "assumption" has been that the overall speedo bezel is held in place by the "ridge" in the speedo housing - that once the bezel is secured by the 2 screw tabs at the bottom of the bezel, it is firmly held in place. I may just have to try this and see.

Thanks.

Toy4Hal said:
Ken, can you tell me how the slotted tab plays into this? I don't see anything on the bezel that would relate. Do you know the answer to my base question above?
Thanks. Hal
The tab is on the speedo "can" that the bezel is secured to.

Toy4Hal said:
Interesting. I had the whole unit old and apart last year. I could have swore that those 4 screws holes in the bezel simply held the speedo plastic face to the bezel. Of course, that's why I'm asking the question. My "assumption" has been that the overall speedo bezel is held in place by the "ridge" in the speedo housing - that once the bezel is secured by the 2 screw tabs at the bottom of the bezel, it is firmly held in place. I may just have to try this and see.

Thanks.

You may be right. I'm just going from memory and I thought I remembered the chrome bezel, the lens and the "speedo can" as being one unit when I installed it. Sorry if I am adding more confusion to the issue.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom