Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Speedometer/Odometer Issue

straycatman

Corvette
1999 Convertible
I had to jump start my 99 Convertible to put it into storage.After the jump,my odometer was frozen,and speedometer stuck at "0". The speedometer would "sweep" at start up,but stay at zero while driving.Any thoughts on this?
Thanks in advance!:)

Speedo problems

I had to jump start my 99 Convertible to put it into storage.After the jump,my odometer was frozen,and speedometer stuck at "0". The speedometer would "sweep" at start up,but stay at zero while driving.Any thoughts on this?
Thanks in advance!:)

What codes are you getting in the DIC?

I haven't tried that.I took the battery out for the winter. That should probably be the first thing I try.
Thanks for a good place to start!

I haven't tried that.I took the battery out for the winter. That should probably be the first thing I try.
Thanks for a good place to start!
Most or ALL codes will be cleared when you put the battery back in! Speedo may work when you put the battery back in,Jump starting sometimes will scramble the cars brains and need a Re Boot...……..

Should I start with a fresh new battery in the spring? I'm hoping that something didn't get shorted out,and turn into an electrical nightmare. Sure would be nice if it resets itself due to the scrambling of the computers brain! Thank You!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom