Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sport seat problem

C_Dogg

Corvette
'07 Vert Triple Black
OK guys, how do you keep the bolsters from wearing on sport seats? And/or what do you do after they are worn?:confused

To keep them from wearing, seat covers are an option. Wet Oaklies are nice looking and popular. After they have worn out, you can get the leather replaced. Ken King of the Corvette Forum does good work.

I've been thinking about a product I saw in one of the magazines . It goes arourd the seatback and fastens in the front . The front part goes behind the middle of the backrest , so the only part that shows is the parts covering the bolsters themselves . Since they're black they would be hard to notice and you would still have the looks of your sport seats . Cliff

I purchased bolsters covers from Mid America.
Tom

Thanks for all of the ideas guys, I really don't know what I'm going to do at this point. I have the same problem with my BMW.
You would think someone would come up with a cover that would help prevent wear at that point. To replace or re-upholster a sport seat is kind of pricey every 15k miles! :pat

C_Dogg,

At 14,000 miles, the leather seat covers were replaced on the "extra cost" sport seats by my dealer on my 1999 C5 coupe, based upon a TSB for excessive wear. Now at 29,000 miles, the covers are showing excessive wear again. It is obvious that the "factory" leather covers are poor quality.

Good luck with your sport seats. The premature wear seems to be a common complaint.

If your VIN is less than X5116322 see Service Bulletin 99-08-50-010.

Don't know if this will work but I'm going to try.

Mine wore out even with covers.

I don't think the leather is of poor quality, just normal wear for leather seats. I have had 3 C4s and 2 C5s and they all wear where you get in and out. Covers are the only alternative that I know of.

My seat covers wore out when the warranty was still in effect. The Chevrolet warranty person told me not to rub up against the bolster while getting in and would not replace them. Has anybody ever tried this? The steering wheel becomes a balancing bar!

I've got 47K on my '99 Conv. I just installed my third upper drivers' seat cover. This time I added something in between the cover and the cushion.

I actually cut up a one gallon plastic milk container. It has a curve that matches the curve of the bolster area that wears out. The plastic is thin enough to curve around holding it in place with duct tape. This really sounds mickey mouse, but If I replaced the cover when I noticed the slightest wear everytime, I would have had 5 covers on by now!! There's a piece of metal that supports the bolster area that may be the culprit. I covered that up, and installed the cover over that. I can't tell at all and think it will make the difference.

Chuck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom